Just changed from diesel to electric Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey
I've just changed my loved Putzmiester sp11 to a pft g4 done our first spray today using rend aid
it went ok but I didn't seem to have much air ??? Didn't splatter on to wall that much ,more of a line is this normal
also any tips on cleaning it would be great
It's a 2010 g4 light with a Honda gen. Any tips at all would be good as we're spraying weber pral tomorrow ,also what the best rotor and stater

No mate something was wrong with the set up there ,hope Les can help you out ,you did have the compressor on?and air hoses connected green button on so the sprayer is in control ?

check your guns air line is clear and also you're air pipes. A 12mm cap with a d63 will be good for pumping Pral
you should have had a coupling that fits into the female end of the pipe with a geka on. when you have a couple of meters left to spray turn the star wheel off,spray whats left and point the gun in bucket till water comes out, turn machine off connect said coupling to water tap with some sponge balls. run water through to clean pipes, then wash the mixing chamber and run you're cleaning tool through it

Hi guys thanks for the quick reply
ive got a d 40 stator on is this ok?? Everything just seems a bit more difficult to set up I suppose it's just time I'm used it being very simple with the sp11 but I need to move with the times I think
the rend aid seemed to spray better when I turned up the water a bit but then it just ran off the wall ,the compressed was on and there was plenty of air coming from my gun before I pumped the material ?

Lol my Putzmiester was yellow and grey once
this one is nice and shiny but no good if I can't use it right is.is it best to have a material stop valve on my gun or not ???ive been warned about it back filling

Also when cleaning how can I clean the mixing chamber as it only turns with the top closed so how do I clean in side ,, do I have to take stater off so it washes through ????? Ummm:RpS_thumbdn:

You can't really clean the g4 like a diesel or indeed an open electric like the ritmo when it's running. The cleaning frog in place of the mixing shaft will scrape most off then r&s off for jet out and proper clean. The less sheit you run through your r&s on cleanup the better though. I prefer running quickly to flush the worm with some dirty water then take it off to jet out and clean the rubber mixing zone etc.

Thanks guys all your help is great I,I mean I've been pumping render for about 4 years now but the diesel was getting a bit old and needed to update so thought what the hell and went electric hope I've done the right thing lol
cheers colin

Colin, where you based, might be worth getting some one close to spend an hour or so with you , who has a g4, to give you some pointers, they are bombproof machines, but if you get a niggle it can cost you a lot in man hours,

I'm in Hertfordshire
we seemed to spray really well today no problems at all will keep you all posted
Wow with a new r&s it chucked it on the wall (surprised me ) lol

Hey guys just to let u all know we seemed to have worked it out so full steam ahead thanks for all your help and happy rendering
Colin
Bets Spray Renders Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.