Just been on the Plastering DIY SCHOOL Coarse in Stockport and Looking for Work ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxplastering

Hi Guy's Just been on the Plastering DIY SCHOOL Coarse in Stockport and Looking for Work ?
I am based in Lytham near Blackpool and new to plastering. Done the 4 days coarse and as I know the basics I am been honest and looking for work to get some more knowledge on plastering. I can Travel and can aslo Tile so if any one needs some one to help them out on a job near blackpool-preston
Give us A Ring

Chris
Age 31
01253 795571
foxtilingandplastering@gmail.com

most of the basics '' they can only show you so much in 4 days
DRY WALL PLASTER BOARDING
DOT N DAB
SKIMMING
PATCHING UP
BASIC RENDERING AND REPARS

I also was on the tiling coarse
Basics in tiling
& Floor tiling

so now your a plasterer and tiler well done mate i will be in touch i got loads of work round your way

hi fox im quite close to you too. iv got a decent job on, hardwall and set 4.50 p/m if your interested??

Fox I've got 2500m of sand cement render to start at 7 pound per metre I'll be in touch, have you got a labourer?

fox got 4 artex ceilings 2 be skimmed wigan area,can pay you in pies if want only probs carpet all way through

this is an absoloute joke,4 day course think they know it, all i did 3 years at laings and 6 weeks of that was just solid mixing/labouring not an electric mixer in sight all manual, nothing personal with you foxy and sincerely hope you get some work, but you have no idea what a hard dirty trade this is , unfourtanetly what you need is lots of experience both mixing and plastering ,but rightly or wrongly plasterers would rather take an experienced plasterer to help them ,

hi, i am going on the plastering course at the diy school in stockport and i have also enrolled on a 6 month course to get my level 2 in plastering, could i start a small business domestic plastering??

hi, i am going on the plastering course at the diy school in stockport and i have also enrolled on a 6 month course to get my level 2 in plastering, could i start a small business domestic plastering??

youve just summed up everyhting that is wrong in the plastering industry in one post. well done.

why does every c**t think they can do a diy course and become an over night pro, no mate you cnt do ya course get in with a time served spread forget everything you learnt at diy school and learn the proper way from afore mentiond time served spread.
if you want to set up a company after 6 months learning a trade that takes years to master then go for it but let us know where your working so we can clean up on the work youve messed up

There's one born every minute mate - no disrespect to the people wanting to re-train or whatever, but I blame the 'course providers' for mis-selling a dream (in my opinion). There are very few courses available that will equip someone with the range of skills required to be confident enough to enter someones home and offer up the correct advice and/or plastering system required for each & every situation they will encounter :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.