pilch

Hi all. Have been reading posts here for a while but only just decided to jump in. Please be nice to me; I'm not a plasterer, I'm a joiner. Like most trades, I've multi-skilled quiet extensively over the years. But of all trades, it's plasterers for whome I have the most admiration. Ive built stud walls and boarded them but have restricted myself to only small areas of plastering and patching.
It's bloody hard, it's exhausting, yet you create this flawless finish, seemingly with no effort strain or sweat. Ive seen porky old guys and weak little youngsters balancing trowel, fag, brew, mobile phone, while chatting away...... and still do a a speedy, excellent job.

Thats enough sucking up.

Have started refurbs to our recently aquired retirement cottage and the first thing it needs is insulated plasterboard all round to the half metre thick random stone walls. In winter, condensation runs down the plaster over render walls. I'm here to learn how you do it so I dont screw the whole job up completely.
See you later.

Welcome aboard pilch(y).
I wont lie i havent read all your post.
will there be a movie version?, if so you would play you in the story of you?.

Unfortunately it takes years to learn mate and no one will be able to talk you through it so it all turns out perfect. Good luck anyway and ask away

Hi Pilch

Welcome to the Forum

Post where you are based, it may be that you have a day out with someone who is doing something similar - to learn - or arrange for someone to visit and do, assist, or talk you through it.

Good Luck

Rich

Welcome along Pilch and good luck with the refurb, one of the lads posted a link to a report commissioned by built environment scotland on the very subject you are looking for info on. It's a bit wordy but worth a read if you want to do the right thing by your property if i remember right @imagio posted the link somewhere on here.