just a quickie

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jace

alright guys got a screed job on tomorow but its an all week jobby so the screedis goin to be joined in a few places im goin to put brick ties in to join the screeds but i was wondering if there was anything that i should apply to the joint aswell before i start the next screed i.e. sbr or pva or something, being a domestic plasterer ive only ever had to do an extension or conservatory (single areas) never a entire level of a house? the jobs easy enough just wanted some know how on the joints
taa muchly lads

cheers dave i thought sbr but wassnt sure thanks for clearing that up:RpS_thumbup:

chicken wire on day joints. there should not be any day joints on a house screed for christ sake.

yeah alright mate as i said i usually only have to do a room but i have 150 square meters to do, i also dnt do miles and miles of screed as the works just not come up, theres like 12 rooms to do, but im ever so sorry i cnt lay screed as quick as you can you perfect perfect man you

Make sure you finish at the doorway i wouldnt start a room i couldnt finish. if it cracks in the middle of a room they will hold money back on the rest but in a doorway wont look as bad.

yeah thats what i planned to do but cheers for the heads up flynny this will be the biggest area ive ever had to screed so its a bit daunting but this is what we do push ourselfs to see what we can do, i think the biggest ive done before was only 40m2, i reckon i can do 50 or 60 a day so looking at 3 days mabey 2 longuns see how i do, although i dnt mind if i go over the time pricewise cos its a learning curve (not on the screeding side just the area size)

yeah alright mate as i said i usually only have to do a room but i have 150 square meters to do, i also dnt do miles and miles of screed as the works just not come up, theres like 12 rooms to do, but im ever so sorry i cnt lay screed as quick as you can you perfect perfect man you

every joint is a potential problem. it is obvious that you have never been taught how to complete a day joint. i would have had 2 people screeding this floor, no joints, would be laid in a day, with no problems

good for you pal the joint is goin to be re inforced with brick ties and a bit of sbr put on before the next area is started, as i said in my first post, and as i said bully for you that you can do that area in a day ill get your medal and certificate for being the dogs danglies in the post straight away, now if you dnt mind your borring me pal

i have been trying to help you. it is obvious that you have no idea. glad it not one of my jobs.

every joint is a potential problem. it is obvious that you have never been taught how to complete a day joint. i would have had 2 people screeding this floor, no joints, would be laid in a day, with no problems

he does have a point,
its bad practice having joints in screed, as there deemed as weak spots, but hey ho, like you say it is what it is,

Last edited:
you've offered no constructive help what so ever at MOST there's going to be 3 joins in the screed all in doorways no more and maybe less depends on how i do all the joints are going to be tied i was only after an idea if it was advisable to put something else in place as-well.
also yes you are right i wasn't taught day joints as i pointed out im a domestic plasterer and always have been so was only taught on extensions and single rooms that the guy was doing as he was teaching me, there is no need to say i dnt know what i am doing and "glad its not one of my jobs" (which by the way im glad its not as-well) everyone has questions to ask from time to time things they might not have all the info on, doesn't mean they cnt do the job, you have no idea of the work im capable of sooo butt out, spunky and flynny gave me the no fuss extra advice that i was after so the thread is done.
owls this is not aimed at you but i promise you the join will be minimal in size (doorways only) and there will only be 2 or 3 in the house

JR go for it mate, soon your be laying 100 m2 a day ,and never stand upright again ! as long as it looks good that is what its all about and it looks by your post .you give a s**t .so i,m sure it will be ok ,best of luck ,we have all been there ,but some forget

Last edited:
cheers pal, give me a 40 or 50 meter room and no probs orr if it was one big room i wouldnt have a problem i was just trying to ayre on the side of caution as its that area over multiple rooms:RpS_thumbup:

nah i wearnt having a dig, just stating that the guy did make a valid point.
but he was over the top saying you have no idea.problem is opinions are like arseholes, everyones got one.

:RpS_thumbup: its cool rich i know what im doin everyone has to push themselfs one day screeding is the thing ive done least of so just wanted to have a back up plan in place in my head so i knew what to do rather than flappin about it

:RpS_thumbup: its cool rich i know what im doin everyone has to push themselfs one day screeding is the thing ive done least of so just wanted to have a back up plan in place in my head so i knew what to do rather than flappin about it

yup you dont know unless you give it a crack. now ive finished s**t stirring, ill slope off back to the rendering section.

Status
Not open for further replies.