Just a piece of advice dont move

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are thinking of moving to a new area , think again because i moved bout 90 miles thinking just start again ,put adverts in usual places put out feelers and in two months had one bathroom ceiling and two let downs ,So had to travel back for work which is a killer , now realised just how bad the work situation is [ i thought is was just b*ll***s] anyway managed to find a job ,doing a completley different line of work, shift work for less money but for the first time in 26 years i come home dont have to worry bout knackered wrist and elbow ,even me knees aint cracking ....just have to see what happens in the future , ....Anyway good luck to the plasterers on here ...and to the rest go get a job doing something else cause the building trade really is up the creek

been times when av wanted to rap in and do something else, but would struggle to work for someone else after being self employed............good luck to ya though marra....................:RpS_thumbup:

a very honest account tex it all, no doubt many plasterers reading it will also be giving the current work situation some serious consideration and start to think about the future, unfourtanetly while a lot of plasterers would love to get a job as such jobs are few and far between, and as artisan 998 rightly says when you have been self employed for a number of years you do get used to being your own boss, yet another reason why employers are unlikely to take somebody on who is self employed basically anybody who has been self employed for a number of years and in my own case self employed 19 years we are basically unemployable, but good luck in the future tex it all and just ignore the negative comments from superspread etc

Quite often think about gettin to fuk out this game. Only thing that kills me is the weather and ***** not payin when you need it most..
Other than that I love my work but what do you do instead of this for the same money?? Love the fact that if I need some more pennies for something I can just fire in a bit more effort and time and the cash is there, but if you were on a salary or like you would be fuk'd..

Appreciate your honesty, tex. I've gone through some horrendously lean times over the years. I tried 3 times to join the fire brigade, an attempt at being a prison guard, working in a computer factory and even going books in with a firm. But i've stuck with the devil i know!!! I'm unemployable. All the best in your new job!!!

got 2 say im a tad pissed off at the mo just lost work 2 a fim iv been doing for 2 years or so cancelled with 6 days notice of the next job and insult 2 injuy theve tken on a guy i got rid ( coz hes s**t ) bit of a holein the diary whers Auchtermuhty casper???

Lived there for a couple of years when I was a farmer Casper. Dump..only good thing that came out of it was I found out about stock cars at cowdy..

got 2 say im a tad pissed off at the mo just lost work 2 a fim iv been doing for 2 years or so cancelled with 6 days notice of the next job and insult 2 injuy theve tken on a guy i got rid ( coz hes s**t ) bit of a holein the diary whers Auchtermuhty casper???
Steve open your eyes, this is the problem with workin with other plasterers or even people you train they will be approached at some point by whoever your workin for. Ive seen this done so many times but its the nature of the beast i guarantee he has under cut you, sad but true.

got 2 say im a tad pissed off at the mo just lost work 2 a fim iv been doing for 2 years or so cancelled with 6 days notice of the next job and insult 2 injuy theve tken on a guy i got rid ( coz hes **** ) bit of a holein the diary whers Auchtermuhty casper???

im not suprised they ditched you after all according to some of your posts you skim over wallpaper :RpS_wink: if i were you id stick to sweeping up and making tea

Many years ago an old hand told me once a plasterer always a plasterer meaning after you have been in the game a long time no one will want to employ you doing anything else. Worked on crown estate, listed, renovation and new build tried to get a job in B&Q once they told me plastering is not a skilled trade so they put me down on the form as unskilled !

PS just had a £5000.00 job put off until the spring if any needs an unskilled plasterer

Last edited:
unskilled:RpS_scared: i hope you told them to royaly fook them selves:RpS_cursing:

Status
Not open for further replies.