Join the "I hate multi finish" fan club

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
I have 2 pallets of this s**t sat on a job which for some unknown reason is going off like crazy.

I am fed up of contacting BG for them to say I am the only one complaining.

:(

richardbrown said:
I have 2 pallets of this (german word) sat on a job which for some unknown reason is going off like crazy.

I am fed up of contacting BG for them to say I am the only one complaining.

I CONTACTED THEM AROUND A MONTH AGO WITH THE SAME PROBLEM THE REP CAME OUT AND IN THE END GOT SOME NEW GEAR ,YOUR NOT THE FIRST ESSEX ANDY HAD THE SAME A WHILE BACK ??

BUT I WILL JOIN YOUR CLUB

DO I GET ANY FREEBIES

Not had that for 2or3 years m8 last time BG took no responsability but theres a retarder they inject through the gypsum if not enough is added then the finish goes off like a rocket, i used mine up blocking out beads and joints etc, 2 pallets is a bit much to block out with though good luck :-[

I know where you're coming from on this one, thought it was just me, I've had a bloody nightmare lately, I've been using board finish for a while now with no dramas, then last extension I did it was going off pretty sharpish, so I switched to multi, what a maistake that was, it just would not trowel up kept tearing and sliding all over the place, had to use quite a bit of water to get it some ert like, and a set within 2 hours was completely brown..... :eek: so i've skipped what bags I had left and gone back to board finish, its shite at the mo...

when i started plastering there was no such thing as multi finish we had just thistle finish and finish in a white bag some times we used to add a hand full of finish to the the thistle to make it creamer thats all and some time a hand full of lime .. muti finish is just a bag of s**t take it from me started plastering at the age of 15 and am now 49

technicianman said:
when i started plastering there was no such thing as multi finish we had just thistle finish and finish in a white bag some times we used to add a hand full of finish to the the thistle to make it creamer thats all and some time a hand full of lime .. muti finish is just a bag of (german word) take it from me started plastering at the age of 15 and am now 49

f**k**g hell,some one who's actually older and balder than me!!!! ;D ;D and no smart arse remarks from you fridge muching tubbies :D :D

Must admit, i normally dont have a issue with multi, i just thought it was a convinent excuse.But the s**t i had yesteday was grittiy and black, think i can feel a call to Gypsum comming on.

i rekon its been getting steadily worse over the last 2-3 yrs, when u cal bg they dont do a thing but tell u that no one else has complained. what we should do is all of us ring them on monday at 12oclock and complain and ask them if anyone else has complained knowing the answer just to see what crap they say

we must be lucky then because we've had no problems with multi. we used to use board finish all the time but switched to multi for a change and don't use anything else now. i think if you lot go on one of those 2 week courses it might help you out... ;D :p

I think I mentioned this problem about 2 months ago, when I phoned BG they just said "contact your supplier and see if anyone else has had any problems", they're just not interested, it's not like we can go else where is it. If there were two makes of plaster readily available then you can bet your life they'd listen to complaints. :mad:

I had some go off in 5mins on an overskim earlier this year was in date aswell.
Used some other day on overskim no probs.
Board finish is much better its not as hit & miss as multi I find.

technicianman said:
when i started plastering there was no such thing as multi finish we had just thistle finish and finish in a white bag some times we used to add a hand full of finish to the the thistle to make it creamer thats all and some time a hand full of lime .. muti finish is just a bag of (german word) take it from me started plastering at the age of 15 and am now 49
Someone older ,balder, and and nearly as fat as me as well , carlite finish was great stuff eh old mate ;) ;) the good old days, i remember em well :D actually i don't really , think it's me alzheimers :-\

i was looking on knaufs website today. they do 2 finishes, 1 for spraying and the board finish for hand application, just wondered what it was like.

Not bad stuff to use, used it about 91/92 on a site. Sets very quick at the end, last trowel needs to be done a bit sooner than later.

is it 1 or 2 coat del? couldn't find any blurb about on the website (i'm a bit of an old duffer on the computer tho!)

The stuff i used was the hand application stuff but it was nice gear to use and looked nice as its white, the only trouble with it was that it was hard to see if there was any misses, we were doing flats all skim on board and they were all painted yellow, you could only see it when they were painted, it also seemed to stay wet for along time then all set at the same time, which caught me out first time i used it but you soon get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.