job

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbo

starting a job in battersea dogs home monday float and set 8.00m2 2 months work luverly jubbly

not a fan of spraying hardwall and at 8 quid we will do 80m2 easy enough start at 8 floated by 11 finished for 2.30

grand wizard said:
not a fan of spraying hardwall and at 8 quid we will do 80m2 easy enough start at 8 floated by 11 finished for 2.30

how comes u dont like spraying hardwall?

its not a great material to spray find it splashes back too much and takes longer to set when machine applied plus you get bits flash setting and for the guy on the rule its collar its good on big runs but i think machines were more designed for german materials like gips and renders

when ever i try and rub up hardwall it either early and reshapes it! or it just tares the face off?

its not for everyone, but i find that giving it a mist of water like Gary says but then going over it with a sponge float. The hardwall finishes and closes in really flat and smooth then when its set just score it with a devil float.

We find it difficult to rub up with a float even when put on by hand these days , i rekon since saint gobain bought BG the qualitys gone down hill, finish is the same, sometimes the board finish is sort of greasy and another it sets quick, just not as consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.