Job measurement / estimation

TryHard

When I'm measuring up total area to give a price estimate based on m² on a house job (multifinish skim) — is the most common way to use simple wall widths & heights and not make any subtractions for windows (and doors) when calculating?
Any opinions much appreciated guys.

Agree it’s about time any new folks coming into the trade starting a trend to earn more and not put yourselves down for less
We aren’t scum we are skilled tradesmen that are in high demand
Don’t take them out

When I'm measuring up total area to give a price estimate based on m² on a house job (multifinish skim) — is the most common way to use simple wall widths & heights and not make any subtractions for windows (and doors) when calculating?
Add on for doors/ windows. Beading and shitty reveals.

Agree it’s about time any new folks coming into the trade starting a trend to earn more and not put yourselves down for less
We aren’t scum we are skilled tradesmen that are in high demand
Don’t take them out
A few scum as well mate.

Measure & price for straight through.

Load of bollox, third generation spread and you know fuckall.
what about chimney breasts, mutliple windows, curved nooks etc.
My family’s got more years served in the Plastering trade than you’ve been on this planet lol.
I’ve forgot more than you’d ever know bumder.
You ain’t even a spread you fraud!

FYI Chimney breasts are extra.

I never take them out either f**k that can't be asked with more calculations i struggle after i run out of fingers and toes

Understand mate

F754451F-2B67-4DB7-A621-42CD2BDD8538.jpeg

when ever i measure up a house or extension i always get the same question where bi-folds or window walls are , i hope your not going measure that whole wall up,i always reply no i do not measure window or door walls up as whole i measure them up as a liner metre for reveals and heads, shuts them up..give me solid walls all day long.

Why deduct half!? Straight through measure,youve usually got a full length steel to sort out and get bang on so that time in getting that 8meter head bang on is surely worth a straight through measure!?
What's difficult about an 8 mtr head?

He's right you have to charge for it, boarding heads and reveals are the most crucial part of the wall, if they're not bang on your wall is out, and then you have to skim them. We all prefer skimming walls without windows in.

He's right you have to charge for it, boarding heads and reveals are the most crucial part of the wall, if they're not bang on your wall is out, and then you have to skim them. We all prefer skimming walls without windows in.
Dont listen to half lads on here,I wonder sometimes why I bother replying