Job inquiries

Ftp321

Is anyone getting new inquiries, has the phone gone dead,
my phone's gone crazy over the last week, think people are panicking because there not getting there booked in trade's and ringing around being c**** trying to replace,
all need to work doing ASAP scaffold up

my phone's gone crazy over the last week, think people are panicking because there not getting there booked in trade's and ringing around being c**** trying to replace,
That’s good sign , I’ve had a few , also had o e saying they just wanted to let me know the works still there when it’s possible to do

Nope feck all. Just started a 5 bed private new build. Got the boarding tackle but can’t get skim . Should keep us going for a week .

I’ve had some. Going pricing a couple next week. Just measure up and go. No chit chat.
A lot ready to go ahead when we’re all go.
Zero internal work.

Ok...I've had 3 decent enquiries but the way the customers have approached the current situation when contacting me was enough to put me off even following up.

Anyone who thinks there poxy job is important enough to warrant dragging a tradesman out under the current situation after the goverment guidlines is someone I'm not interested in entertaining.

And yes @Tom81 I also think that at least 2 of them were snakes that dont want wait for people that have booked in.

Snakes!

Guidelines are for the construction industry to continue if safe to do so , safe to travel to and from
Safe to work , thousands of jobs going on , builders merchants are inundated where open

I would say maximum 10% of construction workers & sites open.

Guidelines are for the construction industry to continue if safe to do so , safe to travel to and from
Safe to work , thousands of jobs going on , builders merchants are inundated where open
I called the builders i work for to see what’s what and they say all employed lads are off furloughed but subcontractors are carrying on safely. I’ve heard of loads carrying on.

I called the builders i work for to see what’s what and they say all employed lads are off furloughed but subcontractors are carrying on safely. I’ve heard of loads carrying on.

It's not just that....the supply chain has broken down for materials.

I could phone 20 spreads up tomorrow that would be willing to cover work next week rightly or wrongly but knowone can get materials.

I could phone 20 spreads up tomorrow that would be willing to cover work next week rightly or wrongly but knowone can get materials. That’s the irony of the government wanting us to
Keep going but killing the supply albeit accidental, the main builders merchants went for the safe option of closing,

the only thing I have done work wise was repaired a nursery ceiling today that had a leak I said I'll do it when the nursery is empty of kids and workers so I went and did it today while it was empty,she opened it all up while I waited in the van,I did the job told her I finished waited until she turned up to lock up then I buggered off,and she'd already transferred the money into my account,

I could phone 20 spreads up tomorrow that would be willing to cover work next week rightly or wrongly but knowone can get materials.
You’re right that’s the difficult part. It’s not impossible though.

get them all booked in mate

Ok...I've had 3 decent enquiries but the way the customers have approached the current situation when contacting me was enough to put me off even following up.

Anyone who thinks there poxy job is important enough to warrant dragging a tradesman out under the current situation after the goverment guidlines is someone I'm not interested in entertaining.

And yes @Tom81 I also think that at least 2 of them were snakes that dont want wait for people that have booked in.

Snakes!
@Stevieo

Use the stuff out your shed for now.

get them all booked in mate
Can't book them in, it looks like next year before I can take on new work by the time this is over I'll be lucky to get the work I've got booked in finished,
It's definitely people going behind there contractors backs trying to get their projects finished, hope my customers aren't doing the same

Most lads work on 3 months lead time
If phone does not ring for 3 months
Can you not see how you would be fooked
Do you think your government help you
I don’t think so what will you do ?

Your welcome

Most lads work on 3 months lead time
If phone does not ring for 3 months
Can you not see how you would be fooked
Do you think your government help you
I don’t think so what will you do ?

Your welcome
Hop-ups are coming in useful for something
IMG_20200411_083955.jpg
IMG_20200411_084336.jpg

your a welcomeface

A few inquiries from qs’s sat at home but most new tenders go in the bin as there time wasting exercises.
The problem is this is going to go on for months, they’ll extend the lockdown next few weeks but then what, the virus will still be about.
I’m making a call, I’m going to have to start back up in the next few weeks, I’m mainly building sites, developers and the like, and a few are starting back up in a few weeks so I don’t have a lot of choice, as I’m part of a cog in the machine and other trades need to follow on from us. The issue is can we work safe or not, being on the externals gives us a chance, but I know the internals on sites were on have completely stopped, but they’ll have to fire back up in the next few weeks.

I have no idea,lots are in the black economy
There will always be plonkers. Going into someone's house they've obviously been breathing in and touching everything all day to pruce up a job or go and do a job is mental

It’s because All the lads that are furloughed have to be sorted in to blocks of 3 weeks at a time. so most finished 3 weeks ago next week, so there employer will have to think are we going to sit it out for another 3 weeks or get back to it.once you are furloughed you can’t come back to work for that minimum time.

It’s because All the lads that are furloughed have to be sorted in to blocks of 3 weeks at a time. so most finished 3 weeks ago next week, so there employer will have to think are we going to sit it out for another 3 weeks or get back to it.
I’ve furloughed the apprentice. Not sure what to do about getting him back in. Hardly keeping distance sat in the van breathing the same air

I couldn’t get away with that, It’s a pot of Yorkshire tea with bacon, it’s the law round these parts.

I’ve furloughed the apprentice. Not sure what to do about getting him back in. Hardly keeping distance sat in the van breathing the same air
Your right but Problem is though, it will still be around for another 6 months.all the lockdown is, is to squash the peak.

Bin men are driver only
then 3 lads in same car following around too funny

Your welcome

Public health England is where you want to be looking , full face guards on , glasses, and nose and mouth masks , wipes or bleach in buckets to wipe anything at site/job you touch including when leaving and getting into your own van , remember to wipe the stealing wheel gear stick hand brake and doors and handles then when you arrive home take all clothes off outside including your shoes out the clothes straight into the wash machine and wipes or bleach the shoes and shower straight away without touching anyone or thing in your house

Public health England is where you want to be looking , full face guards on , glasses, and nose and mouth masks , wipes or bleach in buckets to wipe anything at site/job you touch including when leaving and getting into your own van , remember to wipe the stealing wheel gear stick hand brake and doors and handles then when you arrive home take all clothes off outside including your shoes out the clothes straight into the wash machine and wipes or bleach the shoes and shower straight away without touching anyone or thing in your house
Easier just to stay in lol