january course guide 2014

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry

Private Member
Plastering course 36wks mon-tue 9am -8pm fee £2,583.00 exam £78.00 diploma in plastering. No bricklaying ,joinery, roofing also a few plumbing courses, Why fecking plastering I wonder 72 days to be a plasterer= £35.87 a day.

Plastering course 36wks mon-tue 9am -8pm fee £2,583.00 exam £78.00 diploma in plastering. No bricklaying ,joinery, roofing also a few plumbing courses, Why fecking plastering I wonder 72 days to be a plasterer= £35.87 a day.

Is that a college course?

Diplomas aren't worth anything - you wont get your solid plastering Cscs card with that qualification - waste of money

Depends on the course and who is running it, it will give people an insight into the game and not much else, but a start none the less

Plasterers without NVQ can still go and work on site using Green cscs, by the way this post is my 500th!

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile ApptAp!

Oh I'm not saying they can't - but why waste 3grand and two years if you can get onsite and do the nvq?

I went down that dungeon experience thing in Bermondsey 3 years ago.

Qualified ghost meself like now Marra :RpS_laugh:

What specials they doing in February Henry, I'm hoping gynaecology. Rat up a drainpipe me like :RpS_thumbsup:

You don't need an employer to do the Construction Diploma. Why don't you just go down the NVQ route. If your experienced you can get it done quick(APL) acreddited prior learning. Fast track kind of way.

The diploma is designed to give individuals the skill to go on and be a plasterer and is a training qualification that apprentices have to do as well as the NVQ. The NVQ is not for training and is used to assess if you are a competent plasterer or no, well that's what is supposed to happen. You can get a level 2 NVQ if you can board and skim, while to achieve a diploma you have to do the vast majority of the aspects of plastering.

At least the individuals doing a diploma are not just doing a 2 day or a weeks course

Status
Not open for further replies.