Jack it in, Gutted, help!

Members online

I have read through these posts about lighting.
has any of you ever worked for a major plastering company and learnt how to task light a ceiling or a wall?
Is that when final lighting positions are in before plastering goes on?

I have read through these posts about lighting.
has any of you ever worked for a major plastering company and learnt how to task light a ceiling or a wall?
The most important question really Malc is what spec was asked for at the quote stage.
I've successfully argued this with architects in the past, if you want level 5 finish you have to ask for it and, most importantly pay for it.
That said I used to always ask how certain features were going to be lit and decorated.

no.
what is the correct method of lighting before you start the task of plastering a wall or ceiling?

there will be a prize for the first correct answer!

work can not be checked with a torch, it must be 110 v as this is the only light that can be used on a building site in UK.

Thanks for responses chaps(y)

Have ask him what it looks like it normal daylight sun out conditions, spot lights etc and he's said fine, but and I quote, I torch test everything tiling, painting, mitres, you not the only trade I'm not happy with".
Sounds like a right c**t, don’t let him get you down mate as he’s just an anal t**t! Put a light like that on anyone’s work will show up the slightest of imperfections. As the other lads said if it showed up in natural light etc then fair enough but this is just a joke.

Sounds like a right c**t, don’t let him get you down mate as he’s just an anal t**t! Put a light like that on anyone’s work will show up the slightest of imperfections. As the other lads said if it showed up in natural light etc then fair enough but this is just a joke.
Thanks mate (y)

no.
what is the correct method of lighting before you start the task of plastering a wall or ceiling?

work can not be checked with a torch, it must be 110 v as this is the only light that can be used on a building site in UK.
Take all bulbs out and let someone else do wall sun hits

I fuccking hate the taste of Doctor pepper
kids love it for some reason

i drop back and check every plot once its sprayed

grow some balls and tell him to fuuck off
With a torch at all angles?

I know but is just haunting us the more I look at it the worse it gets I'm fuming, not going to do anything going forward, not that he will have us back

That's a dirty trick that, it's not natural light or any kind of lighting system that the plaster will be subjected to.

Always check before you start which walls can get sun shining sideways before you start next job. On those walls spend a bit extra time, don't even bother with any flexi trowels until very end to just polish up. But yeah shining torch down somebody's work is disrespectful and I would 100% not do any more work for this guy. As somebody mentioned already, if builder is expecting a very high end finish then it should be agreed beforehand and then you could send that extra time on making sure each wall is flawless. We are not machines and even machines wouldn't be able to achieve absolutely perfect plaster.

@malc is it natural light from a window of at least 1.2 x 1.2 in size ?
Flex Rubbing Hands GIF by Originals

no.

I said earlier its illegal to check with a torch.it wouldn't pass in small claims if went that far

I would laugh my f**k**g arse off at the audacity if someone shone a blazing torch over my work in the dark and then never work for them again!

I frequently say this…. Don’t beat yourself because someone else is a dick. That’s their bag and not something to carry on your shoulders
Absolutely, never get hung up in other people's dickery, arguing with a dick is pointless, if you're not a full-time dick they'll beat you with experience.

Isn't worth it.bin him off.shine a torch on his work.your not allowed to do that.the best plasterer in the world would not beat a torch.im taking your fresh in game?
12 years, been doing own bits for about a year, if honest looking at getting back on with firm, been working on me tod most days always picking me work then stuff like this happens and spend all day worrying about it

12 years, been doing own bits for about a year, if honest looking at getting back on with firm, been working on me tod most days always picking me work then stuff like this happens and spend all day worrying about it
Mate, s**t happens, we ate learning everyday and as far as I can see you really taking it personally, which is good. I had it few times, this one time did a little job and by being tired etc I f**k*d it a bit, got message about it, really polite, got really embarrassed and was dredging to see customer again but I said straight away, it's my fault etc. Turned up there, fixed it and customer told me, he never received such a honest service in his life, had loads of work from the same area after that.
s**t will happen, as long as you honest and willing to fix it and don't mess people about will take you long way.

Mate, s**t happens, we ate learning everyday and as far as I can see you really taking it personally, which is good. I had it few times, this one time did a little job and by being tired etc I f**k*d it a bit, got message about it, really polite, got really embarrassed and was dredging to see customer again but I said straight away, it's my fault etc. Turned up there, fixed it and customer told me, he never received such a honest service in his life, had loads of work from the same area after that.
s**t will happen, as long as you honest and willing to fix it and don't mess people about will take you long way.
Thanks bud just eats away at us

I would find out his daily routine, spend sometime studying his routine and driving routes. Then find out a black spot where he is vulnerable and give him a fecking beating.

Looks like you have hanged yourself putting those pics up. Does not look great to be fair mate, might need to hang your speedskim up .

Looks like you have hanged yourself putting those pics up. Does not look great to be fair mate, might need to hang your speedskim up .
It's defo s**t, not happy,

You think that could be the problem? Or f**k**g about with it while to wet? Combo of both? Going to just strip it back to basics mt from start to finish no flex or speedskim,

Any advice welcome mate