Jack it in, Gutted, help!

Dr pepper

Have been sent some photos from a builder have done some work for, condemned work ive done for him. I'm gutted as thought at the time walls had generally finish up ok. Hold me hands up from the pictures it's mortifying and rough. Have of course offered to come back free of charge an put right, but don't really understand where it started to go so wrong? First coat flat with speedskim both ways while wet, second coat same, then cross an up an down trowels minimal water then finish at the death with flexi trowel once nigh on finish to shine up.

Ready for a deserved hounding for the work as is appalling. Any advice would be a greatly appreciated has knocked me sideways an now started to think how many more walls an lids have I f**k*d up?!

The only tiny bit of fortune is that he's said that you can't feel or see anything when normal light from window comes in or in day, but the damage is done it's s**t I've messed up big time

Attachments

• 20210709_101502.jpg
    20210709_101502.jpg
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 411
  • 20210709_101432.jpg
    20210709_101432.jpg
    1,002.7 KB · Views: 410
  • 20210709_101420.jpg
    20210709_101420.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 377
  • 20210709_101404.jpg
    20210709_101404.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 354
  • 20210709_101345.jpg
    20210709_101345.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 343
  • 20210709_101334.jpg
    20210709_101334.jpg
    1,011.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 20210709_101328.jpg
    20210709_101328.jpg
    1,002.8 KB · Views: 389
Gotta agree with Dan I would make him eat that torch who the f**k these jokers think they are if it's bad with natural light or spots or whatever lighting there having fair enough put it right but seems this jokers trying it on!

Thanks for responses chaps(y)

Have ask him what it looks like it normal daylight sun out conditions, spot lights etc and he's said fine, but and I quote, I torch test everything tiling, painting, mitres, you not the only trade I'm not happy with".

Have ask him what it looks like it normal daylight sun out conditions, spot lights etc and he's said fine, but and I quote, I torch test everything tiling, painting, mitres, you not the only trade I'm not happy with".
What became of the last plasterer he had

Isn't worth it.bin him off.shine a torch on his work.your not allowed to do that.the best plasterer in the world would not beat a torch.im taking your fresh in game?

I know someone just like him
Is his name Andy and is about 6’ 4”
Proper OCD unreasonable mental case

Get the t**t to do a wall for you to show you how he wants it, then shine a light down it and if its perfect congratulate him if its the same or worse tell him hes a c**t and tell him where to go
This is a cracking idea, just say it casually as if you really want to learn and want to know what he expects of you.

Have been sent some photos from a builder have done some work for, condemned work ive done for him. I'm gutted as thought at the time walls had generally finish up ok. Hold me hands up from the pictures it's mortifying and rough. Have of course offered to come back free of charge an put right, but don't really understand where it started to go so wrong? First coat flat with speedskim both ways while wet, second coat same, then cross an up an down trowels minimal water then finish at the death with flexi trowel once nigh on finish to shine up.

Ready for a deserved hounding for the work as is appalling. Any advice would be a greatly appreciated has knocked me sideways an now started to think how many more walls an lids have I f**k*d up?!

The only tiny bit of fortune is that he's said that you can't feel or see anything when normal light from window comes in or in day, but the damage is done it's s**t I've messed up big time
Soz mate I can’t see s**t on them pics through my Tom ford shades. It’s very bright in cleethorpes today @John j

Anyone who shines powerfully lights down every trades work can't do any better...if he could do better he would understand how un reasonable he's being...chin up and move on ..dont work for hom again and sleep.safe in the knowledge somone will take that torch off him.one day and knock his teeth out...

b*ll***s that put a torch down anyway in a dark room and it will all look shite.

Admittedly, it isn't 100% perfect (that's not a dig, by the way), but another motive not yet mentioned is that he could be looking for a freebie or steep discount. If he's as amazing at plastering as he says he is, then he'll already know that a simple smear of Easifill would satisfy his OCD, and any good decorator would piss that task before slapping paint on.

By the way, were you spreading onto new board or old walls? I'm just wondering if maybe you had a bit of uneven suction.

Admittedly, it isn't 100% perfect (that's not a dig, by the way), but another motive not yet mentioned is that he could be looking for a freebie or steep discount. If he's as amazing at plastering as he says he is, then he'll already know that a simple smear of Easifill would satisfy his OCD, and any good decorator would piss that task before slapping paint on.

By the way, were you spreading onto new board or old walls? I'm just wondering if maybe you had a bit of uneven suction.
Hold me hands up its not good I'm gutted and has been kicking me self most of the day,:tonto:

Was onto old plasterboard been up about month according to the builder

I have read through these posts about lighting.
has any of you ever worked for a major plastering company and learnt how to task light a ceiling or a wall?