Izonil Help

DEHplastering

Hi All

Using Izonil one coat plaster next week. Still looking for any advice on what type of finish can be achieved and the best way to do it ! All the advice I can find online says it can be finished with normal plastering tools...Whatever the xxxx that means!! At the moment I am planning on taking the whole tool kit, sponge floats,spats,flexi,MT etc !

Looks interesting!

@DEHplastering let us know how you get on with it (y)
Will do mate. Spoke to their Rep, says it can be sponged or troweled, Hopefully I will be able to give some better advice by end of next week..got £700 quids worth of materials to practice with!! ;)

So it's like sand and cement. Very fine aggregate that is dusty as xxxx when you mix it !! Finished with float and sponge..but ended going over it with limelite high impact finish as it looked to industrial. Coverage was s**t. Overall don't bother with it !
Tbf from your first post I thought it would be but can I ask how did you come to be using it in first place , did someone say you have too ?

So it's like sand and cement. Very fine aggregate that is dusty as xxxx when you mix it !! Finished with float and sponge..but ended going over it with limelite high impact finish as it looked to industrial. Coverage was s**t. Overall don't bother with it !

Ah I was hoping to hear something positive... lol

you were not a fan then

Hi. I'm Geno and I'm new to DIY. Just helping out the folks at home save a bit of money having to hire someone to waterproof a few walls. Can someone tell me where I can find Izonil plaster and if it's suitable for use on external walls? Thanks in advance.

Hi. I'm Geno and I'm new to DIY. Just helping out the folks at home save a bit of money having to hire someone to waterproof a few walls. Can someone tell me where I can find Izonil plaster and if it's suitable for use on external walls? Thanks in advance.
Hi @Geno PM me and I’ll give you all the details you need on where to buy how to use ect. Look forward to hearing from you

It was referred to on here years ago. Don't get it technically - claims to be a mortar, both waterproof and to draw water in and out the other side as water vapour. So if there is poor air circulation/low temps in your basement the water will condense again?