ive got an idea????

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Private Member
Coz im mega ruff and at a sniff of being able to 1 coat where I can aside of artex and moody paints been thinking about making my own pva/skim slurry coats for painting onto backgrounds for overskims.

ie perhaps a 50/50 pva/water
big dollop of dry multi
perhaps a handful of sand

mix it all together paint it on and go on when dry my thinking is that the gear will then go on as though its going on like a second coat???

im having myself on aren't I ?????????????????:RpS_unsure::RpS_confused::RpS_crying:

@Hicky had a go at his own mix and posted pics but not sure if he still uses the hickysticky solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coz im mega ruff and at a sniff of being able to 1 coat where I can aside of artex and moody paints been thinking about making my own pva/skim slurry coats for painting onto backgrounds for overskims.

big dollop of dry multi

mix it all together paint it on and go on when dry my thinking is that the gear will then go on as though its going on like a second coat???

im having myself on aren't I ?????????????????:RpS_unsure::RpS_confused::RpS_crying:

heard someone using 1 part water 2 parts uni-bond, handfull of bonding and handful of cement. apparently it gives a really good key and you skim over it straight away as it dries within 15 mins

big dollop of dry multi

Taxi for zombie:rolleyes)

big dollop of dry multi

Or u could use that other stuff they call errrrrrmmm

thistle bond it:RpS_biggrin:

@Marshy @SpankySouthport
What was that mix you did in France? Sbr & quartz sand?

I reckon an sbr, cement & sand mix would stick like sh1t to anything & also hold off suction & give a good key, but how much is that gonna cost compared to betakontakt etc.
Although it would go off a lot quicker. :RpS_unsure:

@Marshy @SpankySouthport

I reckon an sbr, cement & sand mix would stick like sh1t to anything & also hold off suction & give a good key, but how much is that gonna cost compared to betakontakt etc.

I mixed a few beers with French wine and gin and repeated this process till I had double vision and could no longer stand up!?? :RpS_thumbup:

big dollop of dry multi

have you been drinking zombie:RpS_scared::RpS_lol:

@Marshy @SpankySouthport

Essentially yh, it's was a tile primer but was the same make up as sbr and 1mm quartz sand and a good glug of pva to thicken it up a little, worked well...

I mixed a few beers with French wine and gin and repeated this process till I had double vision and could no longer stand up!?? :RpS_thumbup:

sounds like pre drinks marshy or appetiser before your binge drinking session :RpS_scared::RpS_lol:

Sounds familiar, I had triple vision after I visited you & Spanky ffs :RpS_laugh:

hi marshy

have you got any brothers that live in Bridlington on the east coast - seen a bloke today that was the spitting image of you, he was even wearing well worn rigger boots - :RpS_thumbsup::RpS_scared::RpS_lol:

hi marshy

have you got any brothers that live in Bridlington on the east coast - seen a bloke today that was the spitting image of you, he was even wearing well worn rigger boots - :RpS_thumbsup::RpS_scared::RpS_lol:

If he was drinking cider or meths sat on a park bench alone cursing every passer by?? Then I'd say yes lol :RpS_laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.