Its HERE!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

My delivery of 16 tubs of Parex acrylic render! pftmonojetman kindly passed me on a link to an eBay auction were they had a bankruptcy clear out from a builder he had 16 tubs of parex r.r.p £90 a tub going for £200 plus £50 delivery i talked him into £150 including delivery, its been in storage a while but they are all factory sealed.. iv never used the stuff but how does it look?

4645033915_b5f8287c9a_b.jpg

4645033587_8edf43452e_b.jpg

no that's the gravy spoon! well was.. how much can u slap on per day of this stuff? cant wait 2 get a job 2 use it on looks fun

yes says u can on he tin.. wow thats easy to apply.. ment to use a roller to finish it off but hey looks like krend!

4645769062_159b61d0cb_b.jpg

well all its gana do is run the lines out and spread the grit.. looks good. stuff krend lets just smash this over old render! lol

how thick do you apply it? what situation do you use it and what would you use as a basecoat etc? ive never used anything like that

aint that the stuff they use over kingspan/ thermal boards?think steve is right u need special undercoat eml another undercoat then skim coat of the acrylic

its basically a textured paint,, (as monkey told me) and u can apply it to flattish areas external and internal and its very flexi so good to cover up cracking areas.. i thick u can spray it on quite thick.. but anyhow I'm gana take over the world and sell it 2 any1 with cracks lol £150 was a good deal iv just priced it into a new job for £1000

skimmin2day said:
aint that the stuff they use over kingspan/ thermal boards?think steve is right u need special undercoat eml another undercoat then skim coat of the acrylic

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo that the pricy stuff the big boys use...

so can you just use it over s/c? someone answer who actually knows what they are doing. no offence oasis ;D

oasis said:
its basically a textured paint,, (as monkey told me) and u can apply it to flattish areas external and internal and its very flexi so good to cover up cracking areas.. i thick u can spray it on quite thick.. but anyhow I'm gana take over the world and sell it 2 any1 with cracks lol £150 was a good deal iv just priced it into a new job for £1000
You will be on rogue traders soon then mate :D

yes u can just lay in on S&C even painted stuff just prime first why do u wanna buy 16 tins good price at £750 INC DELVERY

hollybank said:
oasis said:

hey hey 16 x £90(r.r.p) = £1440 so £1000 is a steal lol

oasis said:
hollybank said:
oasis said:

hey hey 16 x £90(r.r.p) = £1440 so £1000 is a steal lol
Yeah good on you mate ;)

grade 2 listed building is it Sir.. loads of cracks is it Sir well iv got just the thing! lath ceilings cracking are they Sir well have you ever herd of artex?

Damp is it Miss well one cot of my super flexi grit mix will cure all .. £180 a tin aint cheap but tis worth it :)

its ok on plasterboard for a test run only... but its not a product for gypsum board in usage. you dont roller it either you scrape on and off then rub it up. its on far too heavy on that board there you want it tight as you can get it. trowel it on tight an then scrape it back off hard angle on your trowel then plastic float (not poly float)

plasterjfe said:
its OK on plasterboard for a test run only... but its not a product for gypsum board in usage. you dint roller it either you scrape on and off then rub it up. its on far too heavy on that board there you want it tight as you can get it. trowel it on tight an then scrape it back off hard angle on your trowel then plastic float (not poly float)

says on tin apply with the trowel like u said then roller finish,,, I'm guessing it would spread a bit then.. whats with the lay on then rub up then trowel again? i fort its OK to lay on heavy as you are trying to cover up crap aswell... humm so a tight coat then rub it around 2 spread the grit and stroke up with the float... ill do a bigger test run soon.

oasis said:
plasterjfe said:
its OK on plasterboard for a test run only... but its not a product for gypsum board in usage. you dint roller it either you scrape on and off then rub it up. its on far too heavy on that board there you want it tight as you can get it. trowel it on tight an then scrape it back off hard angle on your trowel then plastic float (not poly float)

says on tin apply with the trowel like u said then roller finish,,, I'm guessing it would spread a bit then.. whats with the lay on then rub up then trowel again? i fort its OK to lay on heavy as you are trying to cover up crap aswell... humm so a tight coat then rub it around 2 spread the grit and stroke up with the float... ill do a bigger test run soon.

does it say roller finish or roll to finish as in roll the texture as in rubbing up? what product is it sand fine?

oasis said:
as its sand fine and you right mate .. iv been reading up on so many prioduct and a few you do roll but here si the PDF for what i have

http://products.construction.com/swts_content_files/1108/286283.pdf

Yeah with sand fine they refer to rubbing up the texture as in to roll the aggregate meaning when you circulate the surface with the plastic.

http://www.refina.co.uk/pdf_tools_09/H_Plastic_Trowels_Sponges_Brushes_2009.pdf

The float you want are at the top of this page

Status
Not open for further replies.