It finally got boring

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

" the first 30 years were worst, the next 30 weren't too bad, tho' the next 30 were truly awful, the following 30 i started getting used to it, the next 30 i had an itch i couldn't scratch ..... " (Marvin The Paranoid Plasterer HHGTTG)

Its coz its all skimming. Try an branch out into doing outsides and that as well, keeps it more interesting. After next week in last 3weeks we have skimmed out 3 flats, dashed a shed and garden wall, scratched and rubbed anotjer massive farm shed/barn, done a mono extension, scudding and scratching tomorrow to get ready for roughcasting next week. Its a hard game this, but least we get doing different s**t at times. Skimming day in day out is bound yo get boring after a while.

Remember when I started out thinking this job was really good and different every day. Last month or so is the first time I just felt like a skimming drone and everyday just a repeat of the day before. It's a shame jobs never stay exciting for long. Also it's mad being on your own every day, never thought that would bother me but think it's sending me a bit mad...I talk to myself more than is healthy or acceptable
Seems to be some low morale amongst the Plastering community at the moment, myself included. Can relate to working on your own, isn’t very healthy on the grey matter, quite a lonely existence being a one man band. I’m on the lookout for something to kickstart my enthusiasm again....

Seems to be some low morale amongst the Plastering community at the moment, myself included. Can relate to working on your own, isn’t very healthy on the grey matter, quite a lonely existence being a one man band. I’m on the lookout for something to kickstart my enthusiasm again....
You’ll find yourself going round in circles. Won’t be long before your new found workmate gets on your tits and you ditch him :LOL:

Always knew lodan would be ok..sleepin in the van seperated him from the boys ..if everyone had this ethic

:wtf: :rebotando: :birras:

OMG come on man
In the prime of your life atm
I’d take a week off
Totally gut the van out and valet it
Order some new work boots and clothes to feel fresh
Get all my tools and soak them all for a week in bicarbs outside in a mixing bath
And then blow a load of cash on new tools and dust sheets to cheer me up

Fresh start , ready to roll
your a nutter

Remember when I started out thinking this job was really good and different every day. Last month or so is the first time I just felt like a skimming drone and everyday just a repeat of the day before. It's a shame jobs never stay exciting for long. Also it's mad being on your own every day, never thought that would bother me but think it's sending me a bit mad...I talk to myself more than is healthy or acceptable

Look out on here for a busman's holiday, mate.

Same walls all right, but a different place at least.

Gotta take time out dude.......makes you realise what day it is. I’m not religious but we all deserve a day at least doing sweet f**k all........play with your kids.....e..they’ll love you forever.

It s**t working on own this is becasue you have a drill but a man is better ca nnot talk to drill