Is this rising damp ?

Members online

loky11

Hi Guys, could any one clarify if this is rising damp ? Im pretrt certain is is but some of it goes way past 1m high. By the looks of some of the walls it looks like it had been injected. And dri coated. But damp is still there. Any ideas ? Cheers.

Attachments

• 20180529_131801.jpg
    20180529_131801.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 409
  • 20180529_131748.jpg
    20180529_131748.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 447
  • 20180511_154657.jpg
    20180511_154657.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 413
The first pic is a neighbouring wall so next door is the otherside. Second pic is an internal wall dividing the dining roomnand lounge. The third pic with the window in is an external wall so otherside is the garden.

Well thats helpful.

It’s clearly and serious issue. Get someone around who can give you a definitive diagnosis and price to fix it.

I don’t think it’s rising damp. If it’s been jabbed already and is that bAd, I’d hazard a guess it’s been incorrectly diagnosed as rising damp already.

Cheers. Its a weird one. What else could it be as its ground floor ? The floor boards and joists around the damp walls are fubard.

Cheers. Its a weird one. What else could it be as its ground floor ? The floor boards and joists around the damp walls are fubard.

I’m really not experienced enough in this area to say. It needs serious attention though and I’d be researching hard to get the best person in to sort it

If there.s a damp prob i allways tell em to get damp expert in . Pass book on to them if it comes back

If there.s a damp prob i allways tell em to get damp expert in . Pass book on to them if it comes back

Im currently doing the house top to bottom. My intial thought was rising damp (before work commenced) so i was going to inject walls then sand cement with waterproofer in then skim. But once id got all skirting off and wallpaper etc i discoverd the holes what looks like holes that have been drilled for injection.

I like that plastic stuff you can use . f**k knows name on it . You plug it . Silicon round plugs then board on top.

So it's definitely damp and any damp works done previously would have been defeated by all the mechanical fixings on that dodgy knotty pine.

So it's definitely damp and any damp works done previously would have been defeated by all the mechanical fixings on that dodgy knotty pine.

So would you say its rising ? The crappy pime could well of been put up to hide all damp, I dont know. There not cavity walls either.

So would you say its rising ? The crappy pime could well of been put up to hide all damp, I dont know. There not cavity walls either.
Without actually seeing it in the flesh i would not like to say what it is or what has caused it. If you post up on here your general location is what town you live in I'm sure there would or could be someone on here who could pop round and quote \ advise on what the problem\problems are.

That’s far too much moisture to be just “damp” it seems to me it must be “feeding”.......look around check pipes, levels and water run off. I would bet money there’s either a leak on an incoming pipe or an outgoing drain. Find it, fix it, let the walls dry and only then consider replastering. Just my opinion mind.

I’d say leaking incoming main or drainage collapse/blockage.
If the meter is on the road turn off all outlets in the house and check if meter is spinning.
Lift man holes outside and check your toilets/ sinks are getting away ok

That’s far too much moisture to be just “damp” it seems to me it must be “feeding”.......look around check pipes, levels and water run off. I would bet money there’s either a leak on an incoming pipe or an outgoing drain. Find it, fix it, let the walls dry and only then consider replastering. Just my opinion mind.

Ive never known rising damp go that high but its on nearly every wall on ground floor so i cant see it being a leak from a pipe. But i can see where your coming from.

It is hygroscopic. Water will climb up between two hard surfaces trying to get out so to speak. The less porous the surfaces, the higher the damp will go. Hack it all off and see what happens over a period of time, if it recedes, the render was too hard, if it remains the same, it’s being fed.

I’d say leaking incoming main or drainage collapse/blockage.
If the meter is on the road turn off all outlets in the house and check if meter is spinning.
Lift man holes outside and check your toilets/ sinks are getting away ok

Now you mention this. You could be right as i have discoverd what looks like a 4inch pot drain or waste pipe that goes from the back yard through a wall but has been cut and filled with concrete half way through the wall. I will lift floor boards up tomorrow and take a pic.

Now you mention this. You could be right as i have discoverd what looks like a 4inch pot drain or waste pipe that goes from the back yard through a wall but has been cut and filled with concrete half way through the wall. I will lift floor boards up tomorrow and take a pic.
Sounds like your problem. What’s going into the pipe?

Sounds like your problem. What’s going into the pipe?

Nothing from the inside. It has been cut and filled 5 inch into the wall (10 inch solid wall, no cavity) then goes underground outside. the ground outside is about 8/9 inch higher then internal floor.