Is this rising damp?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisus

Elite Member
Hi lads went to look at a job today the customer thinks it's rising damp.
He said every morning there's wet marks on the wall & sometimes in different places also different patterns :RpS_unsure:
It's a gable end wall leading onto an alleyway so no neighbours leaky pipes or broken gutterings.
Also I noticed a strong smell in the area :RpS_unsure:

thanks in advance for the replys :)

Oh & how much should I charge?
He wants the internal plaster hacked off rendered & skimmed also an Airbrick installed. :)

photo_zps8020172a.jpg

Hi lads went to look at a job today the customer thinks it's rising damp.
He said every morning there's wet marks on the wall & sometimes in different places also different patterns :RpS_unsure:
It's a gable end wall leading onto an alleyway so no neighbours leaky pipes or broken gutterings.
Also I noticed a strong smell in the area :RpS_unsure:

thanks in advance for the replys :)

Oh & how much should I charge?
He wants the internal plaster hacked off rendered & skimmed also an Airbrick installed. :)

photo_zps8020172a.jpg

So do you think Prince Albert may of had a wazz there :RpS_confused:

The blue brick damp course is to high marra:RpS_thumbup:

Its more than just hacking off internals, thats a demolition job:RpS_scared:

Kerr......chiiiiinng:RpS_biggrin:

seen them like this before. when you get a wall that goes all the way to the floor you're always going to get problems. to be safe i would suggest the customer uses the snieder system, airbricks (same thing), chemical injection, dryzone injection, and tanking. and dehumidifier.

I would report it to the council mate, there's no hand dryer or anything. No wonder it's damp FFS :-(

inject, tank, membrane, insulate, membrane, air brick & blue brick...............................Jobs a goodun........................:RpS_thumbup:

Replaster with bonding scratch coat, hardwall floating coat skimmed with limelight high impact finish.

The he limelight helps it breath and dry out.

Well i popped back today for some more pics & just as I walked round corner saw this! :-0

The customers only got someone else looking at the job aswell ffs! :RpS_mad: I caught him with his damp meter out checking the wall :-0
Well I didn't wait for him to turn round & see me so I fcuked off & the customer can get fcuked aswell, no loyalty these customers ffs! :RpS_cursing:

photo_zps81b75599.jpg

haha get a PIR light on it and I am sure the mystery will disappear over night lol.

Is it situated between or near a pub ?

Status
Not open for further replies.