Is this right?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

Just finished 2 artexed ceilings this afternoon, the biggest being about 25m2, reskims.

Just called the customer to make sure everything is ok as we left and posted key.

He told me he's not happy as we have left a hole in the ceiling where the light is, this is one hole where the lift fitting drops through.

There is nothing else, no spots cut, no wall lights nothing, my reply was "what are you doing about lighting?" He says they haven't decided yet.

Now, this seems strange to me, if he's having spots surely they should be cut first off, in fact if he's fitting any lighting shouldn't this be done first, how's he going to measure/find joists and avoid the to fit new lighting.

Is there any other reasons I can tell him tomorrow, I have to go back and patch up a 1x1 hole

Ive been called back before to show em how how too change the light bulbs.....push em up they will drop down.
You paid for them you t**t.

God help people armegedon

If its a first floor ceiling you can run cables in the loft space but if it's ground floor he's going to have trouble without either making holes in the ceiling or taking floorboards up on the first floor,either way it's a bit arse about face he shoul have sorted electrics and lighting before he asked you round.

Just F*****g arsehole to me ,to be honest one of the spots could start where pendant is thru anyway :cachetada:

Just finished 2 artexed ceilings this afternoon, the biggest being about 25m2, reskims.

Just called the customer to make sure everything is ok as we left and posted key.

He told me he's not happy as we have left a hole in the ceiling where the light is, this is one hole where the lift fitting drops through.

There is nothing else, no spots cut, no wall lights nothing, my reply was "what are you doing about lighting?" He says they haven't decided yet.

Now, this seems strange to me, if he's having spots surely they should be cut first off, in fact if he's fitting any lighting shouldn't this be done first, how's he going to measure/find joists and avoid the to fit new lighting.

Is there any other reasons I can tell him tomorrow, I have to go back and patch up a 1x1 hole
Is the light connected to the cable still?

What a job... nice easy patch though... you will be back in a month's time with a few more patches I should think

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

No not a my builder job.

No light but a cable and on first floor bedroom, every ceiling Iv done where electrics have been moved are part of first fix with new cables already in place.

How's he going to guarantee missing a joist drilling a new hole from below & how's he going to get it/them where he wants drilling from above in the attic.

just tell him your not insured or qualified to be playing with his electrics and he should have got it sorted before you turned up, tell him its his problem not yours

He getting Out of date easi fill put in and left a bit of sand paper.

I'm annoyed because ceiling turned out bang on, now have to go back at 18:30 tomorrow night

No not a my builder job.

No light but a cable and on first floor bedroom, every ceiling Iv done where electrics have been moved are part of first fix with new cables already in place.

How's he going to guarantee missing a joist drilling a new hole from below & how's he going to get it/them where he wants drilling from above in the attic.
I always tell them I don't touch electrics..fill the hole and that's it ..let him worry bout his flipping light..sounds like the 1 out of 10 people who just want any reason to not pay.

Or his Mrs came home started shouting at him that he didn't get the electrics in place before it was plastered so he then thought I blame the plasterer to feel better about getting told off.

Status
Not open for further replies.