Is this plastering done correct? Advice please

Veronica

Hello everone
I just had plastering done and I'm a bit shocked at the state they left the room.
The main thing was to plaster the hole from old fireplace that was no longer active and basically make walls ready for paint. It just looks so wrong to me(they didn't plaster behind radiator)as the hole from fireplace is not even with the rest of the wall you can clearly see it and touch it. I dont know much about plastering so I need some advice before paying for the job.

Attachments

• 20180221_082236.jpg
    20180221_082236.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 498
  • 20180221_082231.jpg
    20180221_082231.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 497
  • 20180221_082224.jpg
    20180221_082224.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 475
  • 20180221_082221.jpg
    20180221_082221.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 484
  • 20180221_082209.jpg
    20180221_082209.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 492
That looks proper rough to be honest, itd be worth giving it a mist coat of paint which'll highlight all the imperfections which are numerous by the look of it, some may just need a little bit of filling or a little rub down.
Also the redundant fireplace needs to be ventilated otherwise it'll end up getting damp and mouldy.

Which it is...

Have you spoken to the person who has done it?

Thanks for your reply ! We've tried to talk to them .. their side of the story is that it's done which obviously is a lie. I doubt they know anything about plastering

have you paid them yet?
Ofcourse not but they were pushy tonight. The prolem is they were doing a few other jobs for us at the same time so they quoted us total everything and now if I have to call someone from checkatrade to do it properly I would need to minus that amount from them. Unless they decide to come and finish it.

Thanks for your reply ! We've tried to talk to them .. their side of the story is that it's done which obviously is a lie. I doubt they know anything about plastering
Tell them to f**k off its a bloody shambles and as scottie5 said it needs a vent put in, apart from the poor attempt at plastering the mess on the skirting and socket is pure ignorance/laziness

Obviously the job is an absolute car crash but what I would say is that although the walls look terrible they might be fine once painted. All around the edges, the fireplace, radiator and leccy fitting should be condemned no question.

How did you expect him to plaster behind the radiator with it still on the wall ?
Come on they knew they have to do it when they quoted us they've been talking for ages what they going to do and once we agreed they did what they did. s**t

M
Tell them to f**k off its a bloody shambles and as scottie5 said it needs a vent put in, apart from the poor attempt at plastering the mess on the skirting and socket is pure ignorance/laziness

There's no way at the moment I'm paying anything. They obviously don't care about their reputation. It's shocking they offer plastering services without any knowledge. I can imagine how bad it must be if I noticed straight away .. 22 year old who has no clue about any building / painting work . I would proably do same work if I attempted myself :wtf:

I wouldn’t have took the rad off but I would have told you to get it taken off. It looks pretty atrocious to be honest, maybe let it dry right out and get a sanding pole on it, mist coat it and fill if needs be

Come on they knew they have to do it when they quoted us they've been talking for ages what they going to do and once we agreed they did what they did. s**t
It shocking tbh....
If they quoted for removal and re hanging the rad then that obviously hasn't happened, sometimes you can get in as far as poss behind the rad if customers don't want to pay to remove... if it was me I would have patched in the fire place with vent and then just skimmed the whole wall.
How did you get hold of this person?
And how much are they charging?

Reactions: tcd
It shocking tbh....
If they quoted for removal and re hanging the rad then that obviously hasn't happened, sometimes you can get in as far as poss behind the rad if customers don't want to pay to remove... if it was me I would have patched in the fire place with vent and then just skimmed the whole wall.
How did you get hold of this person?
And how much are they charging?
It's actually my husbands work colleague father in law if that's make sense. We have seen some of the work he did in his home and it was good / affordable. It was a big mistake to call him .. he was coming with an attitude like he's doing any favour for us which is nonsense. His job was the plastering which he did as on the pictures and tiling in conservatory £500 plus materials on the top. Now you can imagine it's embarrassing situation as my husbands has to face that guy at work but job is a job and it's not done properly therefore I don' feel like I should pay for that. Tiling was done fine so don't mind paying for that.

How do you expect anyone to plaster behind a rad with it still on the wall ?

It's actually my husbands work colleague father in law if that's make sense. We have seen some of the work he did in his home and it was good / affordable. It was a big mistake to call him .. he was coming with an attitude like he's doing any favour for us which is nonsense. His job was the plastering which he did as on the pictures and tiling in conservatory £500 plus materials on the top. Now you can imagine it's embarrassing situation as my husbands has to face that guy at work but job is a job and it's not done properly therefore I don' feel like I should pay for that. Tiling was done fine so don't mind paying for that.
So he's a tiler then?....
Tell him...once you've had someone round to fix his balls up.. You will pay him for the tilling minus what it costs to fix his mess(y)

Why not invite your husband's work colleague round for a look, that should change who is embarrassed.
I'd also suggest that you get someone that knows about tiling to check that out as well, my guess would be that it'll be substandard as well.

Why not invite your husband's work colleague round for a look, that should change who is embarrassed.
I'd also suggest that you get someone that knows about tiling to check that out as well, my guess would be that it'll be substandard as well.
I absolutely agree with you . We have taken some photos of the work he did and forwarded to him this morning. His question was what is wrong like he can't see anything wrong on the pictures. :reloco: f**k**g idiots they are.. anyways money is not being paid to them yet and I have proper plasterer coming today to have a look at that marvellous job. Waste of time and materials

I absolutely agree with you . We have taken some photos of the work he did and forwarded to him this morning. His question was what is wrong like he can't see anything wrong on the pictures. :reloco: f**k**g idiots they are.. anyways money is not being paid to them yet and I have proper plasterer coming today to have a look at that marvellous job. Waste of time and materials

How do you know the guy coming today is a proper plasterer ?

Something about you stinks

How do you know the guy coming today is a proper plasterer ?

Something about you stinks
Hi, I found him on checkatrade and checked his reviews and he's got proper website as well.
The guy who came to do it before was just claiming he can do it. Should have checked more before letting him do anything.

Hi, I found him on checkatrade and checked his reviews and he's got proper website as well.
The guy who came to do it before was just claiming he can do it. Should have checked more before letting him do anything.

That’s a lie, you said you had seen there previous work, so that’s hardly just claiming to be able to do it is it ?

I’m in shock tbh , always thought checkatrade checked or monitor there members were ok and customers were satisfied, I’d put in a complaint see if they help or not

I’m in shock tbh , always thought checkatrade checked or monitor there members were ok and customers were satisfied, I’d put in a complaint see if they help or not

What’s checkatrade got to do with it lol. Learn to read

Hello everone
I just had plastering done and I'm a bit shocked at the state they left the room.
The main thing was to plaster the hole from old fireplace that was no longer active and basically make walls ready for paint. It just looks so wrong to me(they didn't plaster behind radiator)as the hole from fireplace is not even with the rest of the wall you can clearly see it and touch it. I dont know much about plastering so I need some advice before paying for the job.

yes its fine.
what colour are your eyes ??:love: