Is this job satisfactory?

Members online

Badlydrawnboy11

Hi all

Had artex ceiling plastered and was shocked of the mess on the wall, is this forgivable or lack of care?

Also I’ve attached photo of the work, would you say this is a fair well done job?

Many thanks

Attachments

• 66FA3A8E-3E4D-43CF-9644-001377175F29.jpeg
    66FA3A8E-3E4D-43CF-9644-001377175F29.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 349
  • FEFF4AD2-D8DF-4AC9-9D3F-45F07F7B56D7.jpeg
    FEFF4AD2-D8DF-4AC9-9D3F-45F07F7B56D7.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 330
  • 95E552E0-8B6A-42C2-A2F3-273A5D009860.jpeg
    95E552E0-8B6A-42C2-A2F3-273A5D009860.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 327
  • 3A19E8DA-7190-4A9D-B59A-8EF7F1A8D508.jpeg
    3A19E8DA-7190-4A9D-B59A-8EF7F1A8D508.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 375
Hi all

Had artex ceiling plastered and was shocked of the mess on the wall, is this forgivable or lack of care?

Also I’ve attached photo of the work, would you say this is a fair well done job?

Many thanks
Wipe it down..
How much was charged for the job?
Enough money on job for plasterer to spend time covering wall up..

Looks ok to me.. Could have give the walls a wipe down with a cloth.. Cleaned the coving down but if you want to see a bad job scroll down on here

Hi all

Many thanks
Hi all
I have a plasterer come to my house to cover over the shi*t Artex on my ceiling. The Artex was prepared, the floor area cover. The plaster came in bags, it was mixed, then applied to cover all the ceiling in two coats.
The plaster was finished to a smooth finish. After the work was finished I paid him the amount he said it would cost. There are a few plaster marks on the wall, am I a total arsehole or have I got total lack of respect for a hardworking person that does manual work.
Many thanks
Mr Arsehole

Plaster will wipe off wall easily. It’s good practice to this but it’s not a big deal

As for the finish. Paint it and then you’ll see if it’s good or not

I’m n
Hi all
I have a plasterer come to my house to cover over the shi*t Artex on my ceiling. The Artex was prepared, the floor area cover. The plaster came in bags, it was mixed, then applied to cover all the ceiling in two coats.
The plaster was finished to a smooth finish. After the work was finished I paid him the amount he said it would cost. There are a few plaster marks on the wall, am I a total arsehole or have I got total lack of respect for a hardworking person that does manual work.
Many thanks
Mr Arsehole
Im not slagging anything off I’m just asking for advice

Thanks to all who replied so far

It’s careless to leave the wall in that state. How thick was the artex? Did you guys agree to just skim or did he advise to overboard? How much did he charge?

Everyone’s talking in riddles

I just wanted advice if it was satisfactory work? Thank you
Wait for it to dry and see how it looks.... Artex always looks crap drying out.

As for the walls... I would have left it cleaner... but it will scrape off and with a damp cloth clean up. Most people who have a ceiling plastered end up redecorating teh whole room.