Is this as bad as it looks?

John0

We're having our whole house extended and renovated after being stripped back to brick. The ceilings are all new plasterboard but some are boarded over the original.

To be fair I was shining a torch across the surfaces so unsure whether these imperfections will show in normal lighting but would prefer not to decorate before finding out.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_7719.jpeg
    IMG_7719.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_7717.jpeg
    IMG_7717.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_7715.jpeg
    IMG_7715.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_7712.jpeg
    IMG_7712.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_7710.jpeg
    IMG_7710.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 345
No it is not ok from any angle, but presume that is new boards on old joists? Not that it is any excuse for the actual plastering. Clearly applied with a Badgers arse.

We're having our whole house extended and renovated after being stripped back to brick. The ceilings are all new plasterboard but some are boarded over the original.

To be fair I was shining a torch across the surfaces so unsure whether these imperfections will show in normal lighting but would prefer not to decorate before finding out.

I'm very new to this game, and I tell you what, I'd never leave a job like this whatsoever.
Cowboys.

Shocking.

Don't let that idiot set foot in your house again, and don't pay him a single penny. He's vandalised your house - I'm not joking.

Are you sure they used plaster boards and not tarpaulins?! You’d have done a better job yourself tbf.

Yeah Looks rough but shining a torch down anything would make good jobs look different too
This is what I was wondering about. It definitely looks terrible with the light casting shadows but what would a good job look like if you shone a light across it? Is it a fair test?

This is what I was wondering about. It definitely looks terrible with the light casting shadows but what would a good job look like if you shone a light across it? Is it a fair test?
Not really do it on the rest of the walls or ceilings in the house you'll be in hor a shock I'm not saying it ain't rough but you'll see the difference

Im sorry but that is really bad…. One or two of those light holes are not in line and you having a go about the plastering!!

You got wot you paid for . You couldn't resist his price .he was only £75 a day . Call the police. Or the dole office. Or border control.:loco: get the chipwood wallpaper out. X

You did it didnt you

I can lay it down flatter then that loool, people churning some proper turd out lately, surely there’s easy/less physical trade u can blag it in?
I think it's the low barrier to entry for what appears to be an in-demand-good-rates, grab-it-and-run, trade.
It's the one trade that the ordinary householder is not prepared to have a DIY go at. They have no idea of the right price/quality and wants to rely on someone else who claims to have the skill.

No it is not ok from any angle, but presume that is new boards on old joists? Not that it is any excuse for the actual plastering. Clearly applied with a Badgers arse.
I thought that.

That looks about an inch thick and walls look much better than ceilings.

Boarded old joists and never batoned it out. Tried to level it up with skimcoat and ended up in the s**t.

Screenshot_20220218-113506_Chrome.jpg