Is this actually illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smw

Wrapping the 2 feet of useless cable that every sparky seems to like leaving hanging out of every back box around their wrists then hacking their heads off with my old blunt trowel that's covered in adhesive

Cut it down to a foot and nail the off cut to the wall just above the box and bring the other end through the top of the box. Then enjoy watching him working out where its coming from

Snip half way through the cable behind the capping.

I also like to throw ceiling cables up and nail false ones to the joists then board the ceiling

I must say most of the sparks around my neck of the woods are pretty good. They coil the cables up into the boxes out of the way.
Did a job for the council a couple of years back and they left tails hanging out about 2ft long so I cut them back and pushed them in the box. They went ballistic when they saw what I'd done as they had marked the ends of em for what was what! They left them short after!

That's what I did a couple of days ago. The electrician was due in this afternoon so I made my excuses and left just before lunch. I hope he had to test every wire to find out what was what.

Status
Not open for further replies.