Is this Acceptable?

Halogen lights do make plaster looks bad but not as bad as that. Can you feel them ridges when you run your hand across it?
I rember 15 years ago a firm lost 100 k becouse of bad plastering.The inspectors whent ther whith ther halogen lamp and condemned the work. Ther were holding lamp very close to wall and the company weren't to happy about that As i learnt after if they inspect work a halogen should be a meter from wall when inspected don't know if that true?

I rember 15 years ago a firm lost 100 k becouse of bad plastering.The inspectors whent ther whith ther halogen lamp and condemned the work. Ther were holding lamp very close to wall and the company weren't to happy about that As i learnt after if they inspect work a halogen should be a meter from wall when inspected don't know if that true?

Yes but natural daylight not a halogen at 3 different times of the day.

Well it’s the same plastering firm I’ve used for the last 12 months doing a full renovation. Probably spent in the region of £6k for inside and out. I owe about £380 to bring him up to date and never faultered on payment. Understandably I think I’m going to withhold this until sorted but to be honest, I think that’s a drop in the ocean for how much it could cost for putting right. Hopefully he will do the right thing. Have heard from a friend that the only way this could be rectified now is with a decent decorator to fill and sand to try and sort out!?

Well it’s the same plastering firm I’ve used for the last 12 months doing a full renovation. Probably spent in the region of £6k for inside and out. I owe about £380 to bring him up to date and never faultered on payment. Understandably I think I’m going to withhold this until sorted but to be honest, I think that’s a drop in the ocean for how much it could cost for putting right. Hopefully he will do the right thing. Have heard from a friend that the only way this could be rectified now is with a decent decorator to fill and sand to try and sort out!?
If it’s that bad then it will need re-skimming there is only so much a painter can do

It's not a big area probably cheaper to get it re skimmed.
Painters love to moan and charge more for the sake of it(y)(y)

What was the rest of his work like he done for you?

If it’s that bad then it will need re-skimming there is only so much a painter can do
:endesacuerdo::endesacuerdo::oops::oops: I hope it can be sorted. I couldn’t afford to have it re done again. I’ve painted a Matt primer over the plaster now which really showed the marks up. Could it be skimmed over this or would it all have to be taken off??

:endesacuerdo::endesacuerdo::oops::oops: I hope it can be sorted. I couldn’t afford to have it re done again. I’ve painted a Matt primer over the plaster now which really showed the marks up. Could it be skimmed over this or would it all have to be taken off??
It won’t need to be taken off couple of coats of uni then skimmed properly will do the trick

What was the rest of his work like he done for you?
Inside was absolutely fine (but they were also a couple of different plasterers). Outside was also good apart from a few patches which blew within a few weeks and I’ve recently got him to chip off the render and go over with a new scratch coat and top.

We used the red grit on the outside as going over older render (not blown) but we also had some blow on brand new blockwork which seemed a mystery.

Agreed to disagree. I said it obviously wasn’t my fault and he said it wasn’t his. Blamed it on the red grit or product failing or something. But been patched so fair enough.

Shouldn't cost you anything.... in fact, I'd probably push for the price of the paint too.

There is another room thats also been done but I haven't got it in me to look over that yet. Not sure I can take it :llorando:

Attachments

• IMG_2383.PNG
    IMG_2383.PNG
    750.9 KB · Views: 334
There is another room thats also been done but I haven't got it in me to look over that yet. Not sure I can take it :llorando:
Run your hands over where you think it looks dodgy, before you paint. Maybe just a light grit sand paper on it will sort it, if there is a imperfection?

Oh n on pva .. but decorator says no no no must use the grit

Attachments

• 43D92126-7C5C-432C-93E1-CCE6D3538017.jpeg
    43D92126-7C5C-432C-93E1-CCE6D3538017.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 226
Hi all! New to the group. Basically reaching out for a bit of advice. Had a plastering job done last week in a large room.

Painted first coat yesterday and noticed few blemishes under natural lighting. Come to paint ceiling in white tonight using lamps (lots of them) and noticed the walls and ceilings look like the pictures attached when light thrown down them.

I understand that walls and ceilings are not going to be absolutely perfect and don't want to start the blame game but when I have raised it with the plasterer tonight, he's basically said that I shouldn't put halogen lighting down the walls because they will all look like the attached pictures!?!

I told him, the walls upstairs that his firm plastered look nothing like that and are near perfect (has changed labourer/plasterer in between I think)

All this plaster was done on top of fresh new plasterboard dot and dab which they put up also.

Just wondering if I am within my rights to be a little p****d off with the end result or I am being too picky? In all honesty I feel absolutely gutted but if I am in the wrong then fair enough. (looks just as bad if not worse in person)

Let me know your thoughts guys!

20160818_155822.jpg

Is that the one you had to grit?

Na mate same job tho did that kitchen one last time pva as norm

That’s blue grit one did this morning horrible it was . Had to bond over the s**t ugh and it hung like Ron Jeremy . Bubbles up all sorts

Attachments

• 3B3167DA-474F-4857-B181-C644CCE9E89A.jpeg
    3B3167DA-474F-4857-B181-C644CCE9E89A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 241
  • 8CDBFB8E-E461-4A0A-A9F4-9B8CE3B13525.jpeg
    8CDBFB8E-E461-4A0A-A9F4-9B8CE3B13525.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 263
  • 8D4BD63D-0B8E-4E68-967D-41EF133A7061.jpeg
    8D4BD63D-0B8E-4E68-967D-41EF133A7061.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 254