Is this acceptable finish? Work is done, but not sure about quality

XYZ15

Hi Everyone! I am new to this forum and want to ask your opinion about work that was just finished in my house.
The requirement was to skim for painting. I didn't get a chance to inspect the work when plasterers finished on their last day, so could not raise my findings with them right away. Now I am trying to understand if this level of finish is acceptable and also would like to get an idea how things like this should be fixed because I have a feeling I might need to do it myself. Will sanding help to smooth the surface? Last two pictures (with the wavy surface) are the ceiling.
Thanks!
1642621436628.JPEG
1642621443153.JPEG
1642621446559.JPEG
1642621453517.JPEG
1642621454369.JPEG
1642621455404.JPEG
1642621456277.JPEG
1642621457201.JPEG
1642621458107.JPEG

No it's absolute shite it all needs doing again filler and sanding will only do so much,how much did they charge you

I have not paid yet, the amount should be 700 for two 6h days. This guy has A LOT of good reviews on check a trade, more than 100. I didn't have any recommendations, so went with him, people seem to be very happy with his work. I honestly don't understand, are people's standards so low? are they blind or what? I can imagine not everyone inspects the walls with the lamp like I did, but it's better to see the issues now rather than after painting.
The walls look better than the ceiling, they are not wavy, and some areas are very smooth to be honest, but then there are a lot of places like photos 1-7. Ceilings are really bad :( I can't even understand why they are so bumpy, like if he used 10cm trowel

I have not paid yet, the amount should be 700 for two 6h days. This guy has A LOT of good reviews on check a trade, more than 100. I didn't have any recommendations, so went with him, people seem to be very happy with his work. I honestly don't understand, are people's standards so low? are they blind or what? I can imagine not everyone inspects the walls with the lamp like I did, but it's better to see the issues now rather than after painting.
The walls look better than the ceiling, they are not wavy, and some areas are very smooth to be honest, but then there are a lot of places like photos 1-7. Ceilings are really bad :( I can't even understand why they are so bumpy, like if he used 10cm trowel
It didn’t look like that when I left.:LOL:

Good plasterers don’t need to advertise on checkaturd or any of the other conning websites.

What would people recommend to do now? Ask them to fix? I am afraid few more kilos of plaster on the ceiling in the same quality is not a good idea.

Also, how do plasterers 'submit' their work? Let' say the client is at home. Do you give him like 20 min to inspect the work before you leave? We all are people, not robots and I am ok with 2-3 missed defects, but I want to have a chance to find them before the work is signed off. This guy left really quickly, all his instruments were already in the car when he said he is done and leaving.

Hi Everyone! I am new to this forum and want to ask your opinion about work that was just finished in my house.
The requirement was to skim for painting. I didn't get a chance to inspect the work when plasterers finished on their last day, so could not raise my findings with them right away. Now I am trying to understand if this level of finish is acceptable and also would like to get an idea how things like this should be fixed because I have a feeling I might need to do it myself. Will sanding help to smooth the surface? Last two pictures (with the wavy surface) are the ceiling.
Thanks!
View attachment 67762View attachment 67763View attachment 67764View attachment 67765View attachment 67766View attachment 67767View attachment 67768View attachment 67769View attachment 67770
Relax. That is a @Casper finish and you got it for only £700.

It takes YEARS to perfect that. Veey popular on the west coast of Scotland

What would people recommend to do now? Ask them to fix? I am afraid few more kilos of plaster on the ceiling in the same quality is not a good idea.

Also, how do plasterers 'submit' their work? Let' say the client is at home. Do you give him like 20 min to inspect the work before you leave? We all are people, not robots and I am ok with 2-3 missed defects, but I want to have a chance to find them before the work is signed off. This guy left really quickly, all his instruments were already in the car when he said he is done and leaving.
Relax. You haven't paid him so don't.

Technically you're supposed to give the guy a chance to put his work right but just don't.

Get someone off here.

Whereabouts are you?

can you send some more photos?

I was a newbie like you but the good people here have welcomed me with open arms and and I feel I am part of the clique now.
I recently had half of my house replastered and though it wasn't as bad as your situation, it wasn't up to our standard The experts here deemed it was rough. So I sympathise. It has been pretty stressful dealing with the plasterer and trying to find another plasterer to rectify some of the issues.
I wouldn't bother replastering. A lot of that can be rectified by filler and sanding. Don't pay the guy the full amount.

And here is the thread in question:

I was a newbie like you but the good people here have welcomed me with open arms and and I feel I am part of the clique now.
I recently had half of my house replastered and though it wasn't as bad as your situation, it wasn't up to our standard The experts here deemed it was rough. So I sympathise. It has been pretty stressful dealing with the plasterer and trying to find another plasterer to rectify some of the issues.
I wouldn't bother replastering. A lot of that can be rectified by filler and sanding. Don't pay the guy the full amount.
Are you for real. Been on here as a disgruntled customer for 2 weeks and never plastered in your life and now your dishing advice out ...have you seen those pics ...its beyond a bit of filler and sanding

Half of lads on here would leave it like that.could count on one hand who I think would be good plasterers on here

It's wank . Wants reskimming . Just remember to tell who ever you get your going to go round it with a glancing light when there done

Think the clue is that he left in…….HIS CAR

maybe he had to rush back to jail to finish his 2 day plastering course TOSSER

Send the pictures to Checkatrade, and ask 'em how many of these reviews did they verify. 100 reviews is sus to me.

Are you for real. Been on here as a disgruntled customer for 2 weeks and never plastered in your life and now your dishing advice out ...have you seen those pics ...its beyond a bit of filler and sanding
Some of it was tongue in cheek fella ;)