Is this a bad job?

2 days, and I agree if you look for problems you'll find them but you really didn't even need to shine any light on it to he honest. Natural daylight was enough. Lesson learned I suppose. I'll know prices next time, but its frightening to think these sort of 'plasterers' exist regardless of how much they charge.
That’s why naming and shaming is so important to flush all these arseholes out! Word of advice, next time get 2/3 quotes off different recommended spreads and don’t just go with the cheapest!!

That’s why naming and shaming is so important to flush all these arseholes out! Word of advice, next time get 2/3 quotes off different recommended spreads and don’t just go with the cheapest!!

You're right mate, I appreciate your advice and it's been taken on board.

I had 3 quotes. £450 £300 and £300 so I just went with the most popular quote, but as you said I should have went with recommendations rather than just prices. Noob mistake but it was my first time getting a plasterer so I was a little naive.

You're right mate. I had 3 quotes. £450 £300 and £300 so I just went with the most popular quote, but as you said I should have went with recommendations rather than just prices. Noob mistake but it was my first time getting a plasterer so I was a little naive.
Look on the bright side mate you’re place could of been completely empty and they were half way through replastering the lot. It’s happened to many on here! Take a lesson from it and move on.

Look on the bright side mate you’re place could of been completely empty and they were half way through replastering the lot. It’s happened to many on here! Take a lesson from it and move on.

Lol true. What does worry me about plastering however is it can look pretty good before painting so by that time you've already handed over the cash.

Lol true. What does worry me about plastering however is it can look pretty good before painting so by that time you've already handed over the cash.
To be honest mate we all learn from our mistakes. Deep down you must of thought it was cheap at £300 to reboard the slope and reskim the whole stairs and landing including materials?
Now that it's finished its cost you over £500 anyway to Skim it twice plus painting it twice.

825B93D3-A81C-4B92-B419-542C10BAB02E.jpeg

I was watching one of George Clarkes Architect programs the other night, that’s a pic of the hallway wall in daylight.

2 days, and I agree if you look for problems you'll find them but you really didn't even need to shine any light on it to he honest. Natural daylight was enough. Lesson learned I suppose. I'll know prices next time, but its frightening to think these sort of 'plasterers' exist regardless of how much they charge.

Best to try and get a recommendation, and go and see their work. Problem is plastering can look great for a few days while it dries then the real horror show starts

To be honest mate we all learn from our mistakes. Deep down you must of thought it was cheap at £300 to reboard the slope and reskim the whole stairs and landing including materials?
Now that it's finished its cost you over £500 anyway to Skim it twice plus painting it twice.
It was £300 for the plastering. £120 to reboard the slope. See my original reply to pl plastering mate.

I really didn't think it was overly cheap no. Maybe I was delusional but i certainly wasn't being cheap. Pay cheap pay twice. Definitely will learn from it though and maybe avoid cash in hand in future?

Last edited:
Best to try and get a recommendation, and go and see their work. Problem is plastering can look great for a few days while it dries then the real horror show starts

That is exactly my experience. It definitely looked and felt spot on or I wouldnt have payed him.

Definitely seems the best route to actually see their work as good work can be subjective to each person.