is there a machine what will do this

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

henry

Private Member
I have often thought will a machine or the lance be able to put blobs of adhesive onto the wall when dot and dabbing..
To my way of thinking it would be a lot quicker.

A standard G4/5 or mixing pump like the Ritmo will mix and convey the material. You run solid dabs around the perimeter and just spray the dabs you want in the middle.

The answer to your question is yes all PFT mixing pumps will do it but i don't know if the other manufacturers machines are capable

would you still need to put air through the gun or would it just pump out like a turd with out air. Do you think it would be quicker instead of pulling your guts out lifting gorrila tubs.

No you wouldn't use air you would fit a remote switch (it just plugs in) amd would be better using a zargomat gun, and rich les is a chancer what does he know lol, i didnt say it wouldnt do it but it will gradually set in the pot so you would need to clean it 2-3 times a day at least.

it would be a lot quicker like blones said, when you think about how much has to be olid dabs now, around electric boxes , around any vents, top/bottom, sides. I personally would prefer the Knauf gear because you have a longer setting time, the BG gear sets way to quick.

So a machine would be better so why are they not use it can only be down to cost of a machine in most cases spreads are pulling about £500 a week.

Without over complicating the job, cut your boards and when you have plenty to go at start up the machine and spray ribbons every 600mm vertically and anywhere else like sockets and perimeters. You won't turn the machine on and off for laying dabs or ribbons if you prefer all dab method just spray a dab on and move to the next dab and spray that on dont be concerened about any over spray between the dabs because it will literally take less than a second to aim a gun from one dab to another and the waste will be miniscule and unseen.
As for the material setting, this will not be an issue if you cut a mornings worth of boards ( 30 boards)and clean the machine out once you have finished applying the dab adhesive and do the same for the afternoon (another 30)
You dont need any time to play with the gear once its on as you just stick the boards. In theory you are cutting out all the horse work of dabbing and unlike plastering where you must consider the timing and controlling the stuff you applied

That Drywall in a can looks good but its supposed to move and all sorts, if the wall is flat its ok otherwise its crap. I would like to try the adhesive in a can method of applying insulation boards

ive tried that adhesive in a can and thought it was cack, too slow too expensive and no good unless the wall in perfectly level, the rep was telling me how great it was but could not tell me any difference between it and cheapo fixer foam apart from the expansion of it so maybe you could try no frills expanding foam, if only putting dabs on surely it would not push the board out or would it?

imo stick to dot & dab & perimiter ie picture frame dyrwall bully looks good just wounder how much time u loose fillin it up & now good 4 continuoise perimiters

FFS bring back float and set, weve had all this crap solid dabs everywhere skirts, sockets , tracks , perimeter etc its ******* quicker to float the ***** on,

Could not agree more with you float and set all the way. I do not understand why Mr Brown would take shite in a frying pan of all things is he a member of the
freemasons .

Status
Not open for further replies.