Is P.V.A. Necessary with Lutec 2000

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pudlo

Hi, can anyone tell me if its necessary to use uni-bond when plastering over painted walls with Lutec 2000 (it's very similar to thistle one-coat) I live and work in France, and haven't been able to buy uni- bond anywhere. It's becoming a real pain having to ship it out from the U.K. Cheers,

Uni-bond is just a brand of PVA. You should be able to find a different brand of PVA at your local builder's merchant. Painted walls are low suction and if Lutec is similar to Thistle One Coat you should use a 3:1 solution of PVA :)

im goin out to france soon i think for a weeks work, not 100% sure where or when yet just the fella i work for asked if my passport was still valid as im goin to france soon with him

You could take some pva over for him jace:RpS_thumbup:

.(water it down plenty first, double your money):RpS_wink:
Don't know what you could water it down with tho:RpS_confused:

any plastering i do in france i take multi with me ....
and pva ...(it will be expensive there if you find it at all

:RpS_wink:

Yes you have to PVA with Lutec over paint. Only problem is it delays the setting time and takes forever to go off. You may get away with it over crepe. You shouldn't have any trouble getting Pva in France.
Next time I go I am going to take some bond it with me Lutec 2000 takes to long as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.