Iom tt

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 23452

Well that's the ferry paid for. :RpS_thumbsup:

Anyone else making the pilgrimage this year?

No, we last went in 2013, before that I went in 2009 and so on. Mainly due to having a week or two off to do it, then having a family holiday. It can get expensive both for cost and also time off not earning. I've met people that have gone every year since the '50s.

Good crack though. We go in a van with the bikes in the back as it works out cheaper. If you go in a van or want race week dates for the ferry though you have to book as soon as they start taking bookings. That's the first day of practice the year before! So I booked the 2015 dates with a deposit in May last year.

If you can go you really should, even if it's only once as there's nothing else like it anywhere on the planet. An entire island given over to bikes and bikers for a fortnight. :RpS_thumbsup:

It's one of those things you need to get on and do. Firstly it can only be a matter of time before HSE, the EU or insurance companies end it. I mean, close to 200 mph down a winding country lane, 170 mph through villages with 30 mph limits, it's amazing it's survived for this long.

Secondly, no one in the history of humanity has been drawing their last in the death bed and said "I wish I hadn't had so many adventures or experienced so many things. I should have spent more time at work."

Here's a little clip from 2013 in Kirk Michael.

[video]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m4goIrAr1QE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

Clock's ticking lads. :RpS_lol:

Hmm, try this?

Last edited by a moderator:
not the tt but got quite a few speedway trips booked this year..........just incase anyones interested haha, sorry looking for something to comment on and the tt is speed on 2 wheels and so is speedway

Lol I am going to have a look at speedway soon when I get settled. .

going to the cardiff sgp this year, also goin to the plrc in Sheffield, hoping to go on the northern tour aswell goin to Glasgow Edinburgh and berwick, missus also got me a day down at the lakeside hammers this season couple o hours round the track on the bikes then meet the teams in the pits and see them setting up and a few other bits and bobs that come with it

@Danny watch this race this was quality
[video=youtube_share;uHU1B4mICHA]http://youtu.be/uHU1B4mICHA[/video]

horrific crash for stormy wethers, the same week this happened berwick was down at ours and they have proberly the best fans any team could have told us all about it and kept us updated as they went to hospital to visit him
[video=youtube_share;-ZyVYAvWHls]http://youtu.be/-ZyVYAvWHls[/video]

lucky to be alive another berwick rider survived a major crash but this video shows whats happened to him since and how its affected him [video=youtube_share;1VubcZNg8cA]

It's one of those things you need to get on and do. Firstly it can only be a matter of time before HSE, the EU or insurance companies end it. I mean, close to 200 mph down a winding country lane, 170 mph through villages with 30 mph limits, it's amazing it's survived for this long.

Secondly, no one in the history of humanity has been drawing their last in the death bed and said "I wish I hadn't had so many adventures or experienced so many things. I should have spent more time at work."

Here's a little clip from 2013 in Kirk Michael.

[video]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

Clock's ticking lads. :RpS_lol:

Just like to say I'm glad you've paid me up before you go incase of a tragic accident!?!:popcorn:
Hope you don't fall off mate :hola:

Just like to say I'm glad you've paid me up before you go incase of a tragic accident!?!:popcorn:
Hope you don't fall off mate :hola:

I'll try not to, or at least make sure one of the lads gets some pictures to post on here if I do. :foto:

Someone went into the ravine at the devil's elbow (really sharp hairpin bend) today. I really wouldn't fancy that! It's a 100 ft drop :eek:

http://ukbeach.guide/photos/uk-photos.php?photo=251413

Yeah on a Fcukin moped :ROFLMAO:

Is this his?
moped.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.