Introduction to Courtcraft

Members online

Courtcraft

Hello All,
Courtcraft (or specifically Alex from Courtcraft) here. We build, install and maintain squash courts in the UK. Traditional Armourcoat plaster courts are still in demand and there are hundreds in need of servicing each year. We have a need to find skilled plasterers to come and work with us on some major construction jobs and so we will be posting about that elsewhere on the forum.

Check us our here to find out more about us

http://www.courtcraft.co.uk/squash-courts/armourcoat-plaster/

Cheers Alex

Attachments

• DSC_6286-portfolio.jpg
    DSC_6286-portfolio.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 188
I’ll quote for it, I’ll stand on a table when I do.........that’ll be high enough.
(Sneaky eh.......they’ll never realise).......:risas2:

I’d be interested in helping out in East Midlands area, never used the materials but usually can get to grips with any products after a bag or two ,
More than welcome to pm me for contact details

Sirapite was a nice material as long as there was a bit of suction. Could be a bloody nightmare in the depths of winter.

you could gauge sirapite to what you required. a scoop of thistle board finish, a scoop of lime. for a normal hit.
just sirapite on its own it would set in about 15 mins. ideal for returns when using rules.
i have seen it put through a cement mixer, this would kill the set, they would put the whole 3 bed site house on and trowel up next day. it was a corse open finish.

Hi mate , just wanted to know out of pure curiosity have you tried the unifinish, see a few of the older guys posting on this thread wondering if they ever had
no to be honest hadn't heard of it get out of touch living up here as opposed to being back in the rat race

Welcome along @Courtcraft
Someone once told me plastering squash courts was a very exact standard as any deviations in the wall will affect the game. Never doubted it as it made sense, never known anyone to do one though

Welcome along @Courtcraft
Someone once told me plastering squash courts was a very exact standard as any deviations in the wall will he game. Never doubted it as it made sense, never known anyone to do one though[/
it was if I remember something like a 3mm tolerance including diagonal way every thing was dot and dab and plumbed etc I don't mean dot and dab plasterboards. mean wet screeds

Hi All ,

the plaster that is used is called Armourcoat ( https://armourcoat.com/en/asf_finish_info?asf_id=5599 ). Its a blend of Gypsum, hardening agents, pigments and resins. The tolerance in build is +/- 10mm over the 9.75m length or 6.4m width and most times its the block work that is out making life more interesting for the plasterer.

We are still looking for people interested in working with us so please message us with your details and we will get in touch.