Internal walls - render, bonding, hardwall???

Members online

No members online now.

Matty2000

My house walls are solid. It is rendered on the outside. The inside walls are rendered.

What is the difference between render, bonding, and hardwall basecoates and when shouls each be used.

Ie is bonding meant for internal cavity walls and and render internal solid walls??

Thanks

Bonding and hardwall are designed for newer properties with a cavity and proper brick dpc and render was for older property... I go to alot of damp issues where the wrong plaster has been used.... Waterproof sand and cemented is good against damp but not condensation as its not a good insulator...

Bonding and hardwall are designed for newer properties with a cavity and proper brick dpc and render was for older property... I go to alot of damp issues where the wrong plaster has been used.... Waterproof sand and cemented is good against damp but not condensation as its not a good insulator...
What about when the inside course is concrete block. Can this be ok for sand/cement render/plaster?

In damp proofing lime lite renovating is used for the thermal properties. Think it has pearlite in it. This helps to prevent condensation ( it raises the dew point on the wall)
It’s been a while since I did my damp proofing schoolwork I need to brush up.

The thing with waterproof renders is that you can trap water in the brick work.
It’s good practice to let the brickwork breath. Think that’s what SBR additive does.