Internal wall insulation and radiators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Privatepyle11

Hi all I am currently doing some internal wall insulation in my old solid wall house by means of 2x2 battens, cavity slabs and then vapourshield plasterboard attached with screws.

The question I have is currently my radiator is attached by a radiator bracket to the brick with plugs and screws but when I put the battens in how will I atatch the radiator?

Is it a case of measuring where the radiator brackets need to go and then making sure I put a couple of vertical battens in place.

Sorry to be so daft its just that I would rather ask than just take a guess.

Yep just as youve described will be fine

Thanks for the quick reply, I might run a couple of battens hprizontally between them as well just in case in the future I change the rad and the brackets need to go in a different place.

What size screws would be best to use to attach the rad bracket to the 2x2?

Thanks for the quick reply, I might run a couple of battens hprizontally between them as well just in case in the future I change the rad and the brackets need to go in a different place.

What size screws would be best to use to attach the rad bracket to the 2x2?
how big and heavy is the rad?

If not 100% sure on rad positions you can always ply between studs giving more flexibility for siting the rad any wood screw would be fine 2" 10 or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.