Internal sand cement rendering, help needed

Members online

Loumc

We are rendering the inside of a workshop using sand cement, we have the scratch coat on.

Could anyone give any guidance on top coat? It’s not something I have done before and tried looking on net but need guidance on timings etc for floating. Would really appreciate any information.

It would help if you could say what your mix was for scratch coat

We are rendering the inside of a workshop using sand cement, we have the scratch coat on.

Could anyone give any guidance on top coat? It’s not something I have done before and tried looking on net but need guidance on timings etc for floating. Would really appreciate any information.
How good does it have to be and are you going to skim it or just rub up and paint?

Just rub up and paint, doesn’t have to be perfect as it is just a workshop but want to get it the best I can. Thank you.

Just rub up and paint, doesn’t have to be perfect as it is just a workshop but want to get it the best I can. Thank you.
Just do the same as your scratch coat but make sure that the mix for top is weaker than the scratch. Drag a straight edge over it to remove high spots and fill in any hollows . Leave until it is soft but not so wet as it moves when you put the float over it . As it is only in a work shop you could just sponge it . Better still get a plasterer to do it.:sisi:

The sad thing is this guy will be advertising as a plasterer and charging for the works!

This trades f**k*d!!!
Totally disagree , people think they can handle it after a few you tube vids , they fggg up and real plasterer's sort it out , social panic after a bad plastering experience travels further , no bad experience and everyone thinks it's diy

When are you popping bye for a look at my mid joist ceiling , you were bored this morning