Internal rendering job -

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT IT CANT OR SHOUDNT BE skimmed the same day. as it may craze due to the differant propertys in cement and plaster plaster actually expands when setting and cement shrinks .

no mate I we were talking about scratch coat and top coat same day, but as we are on the subject would you be able to skim it next day?

I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT IT CANT OR SHOUDNT BE skimmed the same day. as it may craze due to the differant propertys in cement and plaster plaster actually expands when setting and cement shrinks .
no one has said it can be skimmed in the same day kev spark means can you get it all rendered in a day if thats what you mean

He was on about putting another coat of S+C on to build it out more, because he put it on to thin or the wall was just to thick to do in one coat Kevmc. (not skim) But I agree with you about the skim same day is a no no.

And Spark you should have no problems putting another coat of S+C on the same day, just throw it on - let it go in then scratch and put the next coat on thinner let that go in and devil float dont do deep scratches. Then skim next day.

He was on about putting another coat of S+C on to build it out more, because he put it on to thin or the wall was just to thick to do in one coat Kevmc. (not skim) But I agree with you about the skim same day is a no no.

And Spark you should have no problems putting another coat of S+C on the same day, just throw it on - let it go in then scratch and put the next coat on thinner let that go in and devil float dont do deep scratches. Then skim next day.

nice one!

Status
Not open for further replies.