Internal concrete walls of an old reservoir.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Neil123456789

I need to render onto an old internal concrete wall (600 meters) it used to be an old reservoir and had water on the walls for about 50 years. It is now completely dry and has been wire brushed with an angle grinder, washed and dried. I have contacted Knauf and Gypsum but they do not support sand and cement and would not recommend their Betokontakt or Bond it. Can any body recommend anything that will hold the render on, some of it will be about 25 mm thick? Regards Neil

Agree with spunky, done lots of rendering on similar substrates. If eml is not practical, then rendaid is ideal or Sbr slurry failing that

It will be used as a dwelling. In the mean time I tried two test patches, I used the angle grinder to key into the concrete then on one applied PVA then bondit (aloud each to dry) on the other a SBR slurry as per cementone's data sheet then rendered both using 4:1 and aloud each two days to set. Using a club hammer hit each to see which stuck the best, Bond it won. I also used the cementone mix 2 render, 2 cement 1 sand 1 part SBR 1 part water, the spread had a job to get it to stick to the second coat of, not dried but sticky, slurry. So we were not able to test this. Thanks for all your comments and I might try out the Rendaid on a patch next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.