Insurance work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebearbeef

Does anyone here take on a lot of insurance work?

Looking to move back away from site work over the next 12/18 months and start building up on private jobs instead for various reasons.

I used to do the odd insurance job but never a great deal of it, is there a way in to the market through some form of assessing company or something like that? Wondering if it's worth doing a lot of it though or is it quiet a headache if its a lot of your business waiting on and chasing payments and needing to be pretty flexible to do the work as its obv fairly reactive.

Keen to hear off anyone with experience in that area [emoji106]

Steve

i do alot for an insurance claims manager. 30 day payment. tax deducted at source. always shite work ceiling replacements ect. but good steady income. i got in touch with him through a business network a year ago.

Unless you are recommended or an approved contractor for insurance companies you will find it very hard,it's very competitive ,3 /4 quotes for every job, private work I find pays less than good site work ,ie working for my own contacts that is..

i do alot for an insurance claims manager. 30 day payment. tax deducted at source. always shite work ceiling replacements ect. but good steady income. i got in touch with him through a business network a year ago.

Would you say that its a well paid source of work though? Do you have to price the jobs or do them on a daywork basis?

Unless you are recommended or an approved contractor for insurance companies you will find it very hard,it's very competitive ,3 /4 quotes for every job, private work I find pays less than good site work ,ie working for my own contacts that is..
Yeah i know it'd be hard to get in to as i always thought it was lucrative compared to a normal domestic job. We sub off a good sized firm that do commercial work and although all the work is ours its only a good wage which is part of the reason for wanting to get away from it. Financially and to be fair in a business sense we wouldn't be in a position to look at taking on big contracts directly.

I'd be interested in it but i know my limits and it wouldn't be the right time

Would you say that its a well paid source of work though? Do you have to price the jobs or do them on a daywork basis?

it depends. if when assessed he thinks its more than a day. he will ask for a price. but most of the time. i just bill for it. no questions asked. obviously keep it within reason. just depends on the job. its good because i already have the job. it doesn't take 3/4 quotes. if he has it i get it. its not celebrity money like guys on hear. but its a good source of steady income. can't complain

Hi we do a lot of insurance work mainly sub contracting to a large company the money is great the work is easy but the customers can be a night mare. If this is what you want to do if recommend getting in with a company. Also a lot of these company's will can loose insurance contracts and there may not be any work for a little while so have some private work ready .

Its all worth it if you need the money, just depends how its priced and how well set up you are for it
Yeah i know what u mean but i wouldn't be desperate for it. Just wondering if its an option worth looking in to more for an extra source of work.

Not sure it'd be worth it for a standard days money though

It depends on how often they come and how it fits in with your current work, you can guarntee if its a pain it will be at the wrong time, or you take ithe attitude i`ll do it and do it well cos i`m a proffesional

I'd be more inclined to just get on and do it regardless of how big a pain it is if i had an agreement in place with a company.

I'd probably mutter all through the job but my word is my bond and corny as it sounds i don't think much of people if they go back on it.

There is ways in lot of estate agent that manage propertys in the rental market could be worth calling into your local agents throw some cards at them might only get a small amount but ya never know could av the snowball affect!! Gotta put yaself out there and theres a big boom in property at the moment!!

to start up a new business will be slow at first. you need to have some good contacts and you will have to put a lot of effort into starting up. the trouble with site work is you never get to meet anyone so it is like starting from scratch.

Best place to get work is the pub just talk to people!! I only been looking for work in devon for past couple of week met a couple of builders n other folk i only wanted 3 or 4 days a week looks like full time again! Boo!!!!..:muyenojado:

personally I found insurance work was good payer, but best in winter time burst pipes ceilings down, but last few years a waste of time going out doing quotes but nothing back

Status
Not open for further replies.