Insurance backed guarantees

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in it doesn't work. I was told that it takes up to 6 months for all the silicon **** to join up and form a seal. How is it supposed to impregnate granite. Utter bullshit
It should have been injected into the mortar bed not granite! What did they do?

I suppose what irish_spread's been saying is that its only a problem if its a problem.

We use a product called linostone for cosmetic repairs on sandstone, also to tie in cement render /blockwork extensions etc to existing sandstone. It was big time here in the 70's 80's stonecleaning free for all. But it can trap moisture in a soft wet/dry cycle material, is not breathable, can further corrodes sandstone inversely in a wick effect & in the wrong hands looks like a pantomime house. Its vilified by historic Scotland & conservation groups....but we've/our clients have never had a problem with it, because I use my experience judging when to use it(like for like repairs etc). Hard impervious(not porous) repairs & materials are good as a sealed unit, that's the key imo.

One o clock on a Sunday morning and discussing damp. Can you get a smilie with a gun in its mouth?

ps: only a problem if its a problem: I had no problem putting skips at the side of the road on a job till the fat Pr**k next door said it was a problem & the council made me pay the permit :RpS_mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.