Insulation rail system

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES and NO

you want the walls straighter than for bedding adhesive if the substrate is all over on this system you are up Sh1t creek

plus its a pointless feking spec anyway, good for timber yes but u-value is never accurate or anywhere near good as it should be. if its minus 20 outside it will at least minus 10 in the cavity cold air behind the insulation ? ? ? against the building you are trying to keep warm ? ? ? ? ? ?
you dont want any old bugger fitting it either it needs care at windows/openings stops etc.

Ive done loads of it mate, not touched it for about three yrs and hope never will again

have I done enough to put you off yet?

We have been asked to sort a job out and know that the building inspector will want some form of instulation applied. Its a old building which used to be part of a row of large row of terraces. Now there is only a 4" wall which has been as some point battened , eml and rendered.

This system has failed and has go to come off.

Im thinking a rail system could be used so insulation can be applied then a thin coat system. Does this sound right?

Ill be honest in saying i have never tackled a large 85m2 gable which is only 4 inchs thick so am really looking for any advise anyone may have!

Or is a dot and dab system better? but that would need mushrooms which is well doddy on the exsisting wall as its only 4" thick and its got timber up rights with brick in between.

Going slightly off-topic. If its two-storey or more isn't it inherently unstable and better dealt with by a masonry leaf built off a foundation?

Steve

Going slightly off-topic. If its two-storey or more isn't it inherently unstable and better dealt with by a masonry leaf built off a foundation?

Steve

yer think im gonna wait to see what the council say, i know if i was in one of them flats with joist on a 4" wall i would be pooping my pants all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.