Insulation Adhesive

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblones

I know some systems have a foam available for fixing the insulation boards but has anyone ever used Pink grip dry fix adhesive to fix their boards. The spec sheet says they can be used to fix insulation to masonary and if they can fix a plaster board to a brick or block wall they will defo fix eps to masonry.

The adhesive is only really a base cushion to sit your eps straight and relys on the big fixings to secure them.

The dry fix adhesive cost about 5 quid a can and will do about 15 mts of plasterboard so i estimate it will do about 10 mts of EPS which is about .50p a mt

there is a thermal system on the uk market bloner here they use foam not polymer and it comes in cans just the same, why not just get this instead of using another type of foam that may not chemically adhere to the eps. it does work out cheap and it sets up so can be meshed same day.

i was gonna ask marmorit if they have a foam available. That instastik says it can be used for insulation. They wont put that on the cans if it dont work. i may try a test panel up me depot

fair play that canister and gun looks the way forward......will it work on mineral or is it just eps and phenolic chaps??

Where i used to live they are refurbing at the mo sticking the insulation with foam aparently the Poles doing it have got the foam all over the new windows and it cant be taken of without doing some damage to the UPVC

looks a load of shi.t to me.

In the video they got the gear mixed up like piss and I never put that much on anyway.
You can bet you ass its expensive and wont do as many as they say .

My opinion ...... b*ll***s

Where i used to live they are refurbing at the mo sticking the insulation with foam aparently the Poles doing it have got the foam all over the new windows and it cant be taken of without doing some damage to the UPVC

always bseems to be the case mate unfortunately, they are messy barstewards the roly polies, i have had a few on and off from different eu places but their main concern is money and taking 5 mins to mask up is not on the agenda "because nobody dont pay for this" straight on with the mud usually and we all know windows can cost toushands but it winds me up summit rotten I have a couple of lads that spray for me from the north east that even bring their own speedymask and is always the first thing they do. but they have a rep to uphold in this country until they retire so its relevant i suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.