Insulating walls from neighbours

Formby plastering

What's your thoughts on the best ways of insulating your walls from the neighbours..

Was planning on building a frame lagging it with rock wool to death .. using acoustic sealer on joints anyone think of a better way .. I. E space saver??

Attachments

• 20170121_182222.jpg
    20170121_182222.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 336
Soundproofing is all about the whole system together and how it all works together things like an extra sound board on top don't actually give you that much more noise saving only like 1% more it's all stated in white book

What's your thoughts on the best ways of insulating your walls from the neighbours..

Was planning on building a frame lagging it with rock wool to death .. using acoustic sealer on joints anyone think of a better way .. I. E space saver??
Is it your house mate ? As Dan just said flanking of sound will be your issue I'd say a 50mm metal frame (acoustic insulation)and double sound board 15mm with sealant is cool but the sound will travel round it if you just do one wall

Last edited:
They bang on about sealant quiet a lot suppose to be on both sides of track but I think on site it rarely done, the system you pick will be important but for space saving use acoustic stud and some acoustic insulation sound board and that ring Bg up see what decibels each system will save you but as others have pointed out you would need to do above ceiling and below floor to stop the flanking sound

your all missing the simple solution..............................ear plugs........................:hueco:

Is it your house mate ? As Dan just said flanking of sound will be your issue I'd say a 50mm metal frame (acoustic insulation)and double sound board 15mm with sealant is cool but the sound will travel round it if you just do one wall
Yes mate .. I did plan on doing every wall facing the neighbours wall up and downstairs .. will give this one ago see how I get on cheers

Cheers mate was it a similar method to Vincent trumpet way?? I'll try find the link I remember him doing it.
Vincey trumpyman has his own way I think Stuart got some good advice for his ceiling not sure if he done walls just get a few specs Bg technical line will assist in what is best option even ask for a white book to be sent to you for know can get the PDF file on it but for me nothing better than having the book and referring to as and when

I only done ceilings. Fitted resilient bars and double boarded with soundbloc. Also fitted acoustic insulation and can now tug away till my hearts content safe in the knowledge that the wife won't wake up

I only done ceilings. Fitted resilient bars and double boarded with soundbloc. Also fitted acoustic insulation and can now tug away till my hearts content safe in the knowledge that the wife won't wake up
What did you end up putting in the ceiling joists ?100mm isover acoustic?

Cheers mate was it a similar method to Vincent trumpet way?? I'll try find the link I remember him doing it.
Tbf you can get a 25mm retro fit Bg system over that ceiling if you don't want to rip it all down also the 50mm mf on that back wall and the partition wall wouldn't be to expensive on materials if you do it yourself no labour and would block quite a lot of the sound if you did all 3 but try just the back wall and see, you could nip in loft and roll out some isover acoustic quite easy too

Surprised your arms have recovered after lifting them boards up

Rohipnol would have been cheaper and less labour intensive