Insulating single brick wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathon

Hello
just after some advice on best course of action on insulating a single brick garage wall, guy has said he only wants the best materials to be used, cheers for help

you could fix metal furrings with dab at 600mm centres and then screw insulated boards to them-level of insulation depends on how much of the room he,s prepared to lose

Cheers for that mate probaly going at 60mm think this will be fine, its just 1 wall and parts of the front wall once window and door in

Yep

I would probably batton out and use insulation like kingspan or similiar with that silver backed board....

Danny

Danny said:
Yep

I would probably batton out and use insulation like kingspan or similiar with that silver backed board....

Danny

Same as but use 50mm or 75mm insulation as you dont see 60mm timber about, so you would need to pack all the batterns out 10mm to allow for the insulation.

push the insulation to the wall and batten over the top at 400mm centres using 120mm screws sandwiching the celotex between the battens and the wall. then board and skim.

Yes its a garage conversion, thanks for the replies, like the sound of the method Richardbrown said; seems a really logical and simple way to do it

still say id use gypliner and screw insulated boards to it, that way you create a cavity and level everything up and wiring and services etc are a doddle.

using the method I was talking about you create a 25mm void between the insulation and the board so wiring etc etc is easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.