Insulating cavity between 2 steels

Members online

Hammer_ga

Hi lads. I’m about to box in these steel but want some advice if poss about trying to prevent cold air transfer from the cavity wall down through the plasterboard below the steel. The cavity wall above the steel runs up to the loft and let’s a lot of cold in. I can’t afdord to do cavity wall insulation at the moment but hope to in the future. Could I pack some kingspan in there or fill it with foam? Any issues with damp or similar? Cheers.
7D7F102E-271A-4AAE-9E9F-D16BC3CA2050.jpeg
90EE8A84-01CD-458A-AE96-9DB141AD9888.jpeg
D10F9219-1A9D-411F-8C55-C08306400628.jpeg

Just get what you can in. Bits of cavity batts ideal as you'll be able to stuff the gap easier and it'll hold in place before boarding.
Is that a single or double storey extension, if single, have you got cavity trays or a membrane installed above those steels?

Hi lads. I’m about to box in these steel but want some advice if poss about trying to prevent cold air transfer from the cavity wall down through the plasterboard below the steel. The cavity wall above the steel runs up to the loft and let’s a lot of cold in. I can’t afdord to do cavity wall insulation at the moment but hope to in the future. Could I pack some kingspan in there or fill it with foam? Any issues with damp or similar? Cheers.View attachment 27007View attachment 27008View attachment 27009

Do NOT try to get foam up there. It will go horribly wrong and you will end up having to shave your head because expanding foam doesn't wash out.

Just get a broom handle and pack in some rockwool.

Cheers fellas. It’s n old single story flat roof extension so not sure what’s above there till I knock the old plaster off