insulated render systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwi

evening all im looking in to doing alot more insulated render systems is there any companys out there who take you for the day and show you the ins and outs ,theres that many different types which do you choose

i know a lad who was refused the sto course cause they said there were too many lads already doing it ???.............might just be our area

spunky said:
i know a lad who was refused the sto course cause they said there were too many lads already doing it ???.............might just be our area
Whats the difference in application mate?

Applying the gear not applying for the course :)

never touched the stuff mate...............funnily enough im sure the same lad has got a job with a few metres of it .......would be interesting if he subs it out ;D

you gotta do the applicators course before they will let you install their systems and the chances are unless your contracting on major build projects they prob wont be interested because their sales based and will be wanting to shift tens of thousands of quids worth of gear per job, you can get applicator training if you work for a contractor who installs the systems another thing is that the systems have to carry big warranties and insurance policies, something that goes hand in hand with the product and a major contractor. on the insulation side it is much more effective than cavity wall and prob the best way to gain the best uvalues. where you based ?

pwi said:
evening all im looking in to doing alot more insulated render systems is there any companys out there who take you for the day and show you the ins and outs ,theres that many different types which do you choose
try j.u.b very simular to sto

Or L&D at roth, Parex, Marmorit, Wetherby etc , i know L&D do the odd training day if there are enough interested i could approach Les see if he fancy's setting up a little day introduction Or even Parex through Encon at Leeds , just pm me if you want me to try and set some thing up.

The insulated render systems like Sto comes in at around 100 pounds a sq meter supply and fix, Alsecco insulated render systems is the cheaper alternative by about 30% on the materials and has the same results as Sto. The pro rend system is also a good system so is the terranova, but like most system's it dose depend on the application. I have over 10 years experience in Berlin German with these system's, so if anyone interested in some info phone me on 07739508468.

100 quid is a bit steep even for sto system. I priced a job recently at almost half that and I wasnt the cheapest by some distance

Status
Not open for further replies.