Insulated Render question

Status
Not open for further replies.

twitcher

Private Member
Right you cagey bunch of lego assemblers, quick question about insulated render.

Anyone used it, got any thoughts on it (yeah I know that's difficult for some of yous).

At the moment I'm coming across this Italiano stuff that's more expensive than frigging gold dust. Diathonite.

And there's another one called EcoCork (sounds like a decent green solution for Kebab's prolapsed arse). Seems a lot cheaper this EcoCork shite.

I hear they've got similar UValues to your lego blocks but the main difference is there's no cold bridging and the ******* building can breathe.

As you were :RpS_wink:

Ive seen this cork kebab shite. Looks heavy.

Use alot of (the lego). Eps ranges in different sizes and u values. You can reach 0.35wmk ish with 90-100mm

Right you cagey bunch of lego assemblers, quick question about insulated render.

Anyone used it, got any thoughts on it (yeah I know that's difficult for some of yous).

At the moment I'm coming across this Italiano stuff that's more expensive than frigging gold dust. Diathonite.

And there's another one called EcoCork (sounds like a decent green solution for Kebab's prolapsed arse). Seems a lot cheaper this EcoCork shite.

I hear they've got similar UValues to your lego blocks but the main difference is there's no cold bridging and the ******* building can breathe.

Where you been hiding ffs :-0

adcar.................................:RpS_laugh:
It's not funny so don't laugh you know he takes everything personal and it will be a first for someone asking his advise, he will be able to tell him what he was told ;)

Do loads mate. Its run of the mill these days.

There will be a Romanian within a mile of you who does it in his sleep.

Cork been going a while. They are buying up cork orchards so they can get the bark to make the boards Alumasc do a fair bit.

Not used as good a board as eps tho IP to now. Better values in phenolic but its awful.

Avoid dry fixing if you can, unless its nice plumb blockwork, the woes of dry fixing ..... sigh

@twitcher, We sell lots of Diathonite. It is a very lightweight product with a coverage of roughly 1m2 @ 48mm. It can be applied by machine in one or 2 coats at this thickness, and can also be applied by hand. It is an expensive product but it has some key benefits compared to others.

As a rule of thumb we say for the thickness of an EPS System add 10% of thickness of Diathonite to achieve the same U Value.
Therefore: 90mm Grey EPS is the Equivalent to 99mm of Diathonite.

We are in partnership with Newton Waterproofing in distributing this product and also training guys on how to use it.

We have found this product is not as cost effective as a normal EWI system but still has a big place in the market for 'Green' Houses, Architects love it and also being used on old farm houses and barns etc because the product can be shaped quite easily and is very 'Green'.

We were initially worried about the cost of the product however, have found many people are choosing to still go with it for all its other Green or ECO Properties.

If you are looking for an EWI System which is breathable you can always look down at a Mineral Wool System.

Here is some more points on the Diathonite:

Diathonite Insulation Plaster is a bagged plaster with outstanding thermal and sound insulation capabilities. The plaster is made from clay and cork and is durable and eco-friendly. It gives an insulated finish to both internal and external substrates. The resulting natural compound produces a plaster with unrivalled thermal and acoustic properties that is both hard wearing and flexible which is ideal for both internal and external applications.
[h=3]Key Benefits of Diathonite Insulation Plaster[/h]
  • Superb insulation properties thanks to the air spaces created by natural cork particles included within the plaster
  • High vapour permeability
  • Resistant to fire: Class 1
  • Eco-friendly
  • Can be spray applied allowing for very fast application
  • Very flexible – large elevations can be plastered without cracking
  • Impressive acoustic characteristics – over twice the performance of conventional plasters or renders

If you want anymore information on EWI Systems from Mapei, Knauf Insulation and Diathonite please let me know

Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.