Insulated plasterboard V Polystrene & Plasterboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeadams1985

Private Member
Got a ceiling i need to overboard and insulate at the same time. SO

i started looking at thermaline insulated plasterboard. Which is basically plasterboard with polystyrene screwd to the back.

So do i use thermaline costing me about 200quid at cheapest i can find or

buy polystyrene and plasterboard as two separate components and screw it up. total cost be 100quid'ish. So big saving.

Suggestions people?

if im gonna be OVER boarding...surely that suggest im NOT taking the ceiling down?
so between joists is not an option.:rolleyes)

Got a ceiling i need to overboard and insulate at the same time. SO

i started looking at thermaline insulated plasterboard. Which is basically plasterboard with polystyrene screwd to the back.

So do i use thermaline costing me about 200quid at cheapest i can find or

buy polystyrene and plasterboard as two separate components and screw it up. total cost be 100quid'ish. So big saving.

Suggestions people?

Do the cheaper.

Or this stuff Thermal Insulation Foil Roll 600mmx8m - Loft Insulation - Insulation -Building Materials - Wickes

Then board over.

kingspan first then just board with normal boards they dont have to be fixed to the boards , if anything better if you stagger the joints of the kingspan and boards .....

Do the cheaper option Mike and have done with it !:thumbup: also dont snap at poor Ryan. Hes your biggest fan and may cry ?? :eek::D

Its my own house and only doing it because the hpouse was built in 1881, has no gas and gets fookin cold!
The previous owner put a FECKIN HUUGEEE hand turned cove in, must have been about 20inch point to point! and artexed the ceiling.
Ripped down the cove, and now wanna over board, but figured id add some extra insulation and its gonna be the lounge. So want it to be warm. Previous owner had some sense and used insulated plasterboard on the outside walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.