Installoo® Plastering stilts - Plasterers 1 Stop Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they look rubbish what you need is these bad boys !!
images (88).jpg

Morning All,

The post obviously caused quite a stir - I have taken all of your advice and looked into the prices more. After an email to the manufacturer this morning, I have re-adjusted the prices to what seem to be more in keeping with what everyone desires. We continue to compare these to the quality of MT and other leading brands hence the original price point

One thing I will continue to say if the quality of these products is very high end. They have the German quality and safety markings present.

Therefore, I am pleased to now offer these new prices to you all:

View attachment 9319
So they are TÜV geprüft ??

Sorry just remembered there is a difference in the quality of the clips on the straps but yours are no different from the cheap straps looking at the pics.

I had a pair of skywalkers once i only wore them once in a drunken race across a pub car park (which i won by the way) thepeople sat in the beer garden thought it was hilarious. I ended up giving them away

@flynnyman as I say, looks from a picture don't say everything. The quality of the material is a key factor.

The Profi-Line can carry more weight than other makes and are also lighter. This would therefore mean the construction of the product and the materials used are potentially superior...

I thought this was a joke. Who calls stilts 'Instaloo'?
Maybe they thought that most people that try them will s**t themselves when they first start walking. I'll stick to my Durastilts ta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning All,

The post obviously caused quite a stir - I have taken all of your advice and looked into the prices more. After an email to the manufacturer this morning, I have re-adjusted the prices to what seem to be more in keeping with what everyone desires. We continue to compare these to the quality of MT and other leading brands hence the original price point

One thing I will continue to say if the quality of these products is very high end. They have the German quality and safety markings present.

Therefore, I am pleased to now offer these new prices to you all:

View attachment 9319
That's funny. Realises he isn't going to sell any at that price, so desperately knocks a s**t load of money off. Just goes to show the margins on this crap. Not that I am being sceptical or anything.

That's funny. Realises he isn't going to sell any at that price, so desperately knocks a s**t load of money off. Just goes to show the margins on this crap. Not that I am being sceptical or anything.

We are normally governed on prices from manufacturers - everything has an RRP.

I have taken the feedback from guys on here and Facebook and addressed the prices. You may say they wouldn't have sold at that but 4 already did - those guys have been contacted an refunded to the new amount though. The manufacturer has also addressed this with further discounts to allow me to do this

I thought this was a joke. Who calls stilts 'Instaloo'?
Maybe they thought that most people that try them will s**t themselves when they first start walking. I'll stick to my Durastilts ta.

I keep referring to them as the Profi-Line. The name made me laugh a bit as well to be honest

Look, it's easy solved.

Any car will take you from a to b, but do you want to get there, quicker, safer, more comfortable, or cheaper.
You could therefore using the above analogy, hurt a Ferrari? Volvo, bmw or any cheap car at all.
The above all have differing prices as have the stilts,
Now it's up to us as a consumer to decide what fits our needs for how much money.
We all have differing needs & preferences, so it's Upto us to see what is for the best. Can't really speak for or against anything if we haven't used it!
Like saying bmw is too expensive when we haven't sat in one!

Look, it's easy solved.

Any car will take you from a to b, but do you want to get there, quicker, safer, more comfortable, or cheaper.
You could therefore using the above analogy, hurt a Ferrari? Volvo, bmw or any cheap car at all.
The above all have differing prices as have the stilts,
Now it's up to us as a consumer to decide what fits our needs for how much money.
We all have differing needs & preferences, so it's Upto us to see what is for the best. Can't really speak for or against anything if we haven't used it!
Like saying bmw is too expensive when we haven't sat in one!

Not the greatest analogy that, Comparing cars to plasterers stilts is a bit apples and oranges there's so many different aspects of cars which make them more or less desirable from engines and economy, history or performance and re-sale.

I've used marshaltowns and cheap 50 quid ones and the only difference I found was the marshaltown straps were a lot better. Common sense dictates that when you strap these metal stilts to your legs they're not going be dramatically better than the ones that are £200 cheaper with identical design.

The thing is now anything that is copied is usually copied just as good if not the same, sometimes even made at the same factory. The Chinese are copying everything and in my opinion just as good. My lad has been looking into designing his own watches which years ago would of sounded mad and impossible but it's not. He can get the Chinese to make him any style of watch he wants but the insides are all the same and also the same as what you find in most watches. Anyone who uses Facebook must of noticed these adverts for watches saying only 172 left or whatever and they look mint, this is the same thing. You can dress these stilts up and put a sticker on them and say they are the lightest in the world and can take the heaviest of people, they are just stilts. Fair play to you if you can knock them out and make a profit I have nothing against that,but don't try to pull the wool over experienced plasterers who have ACTUALLY been using stilts for years.

The thing is now anything that is copied is usually copied just as good if not the same, sometimes even made at the same factory. The Chinese are copying everything and in my opinion just as good. My lad has been looking into designing his own watches which years ago would of sounded mad and impossible but it's not. He can get the Chinese to make him any style of watch he wants but the insides are all the same and also the same as what you find in most watches. Anyone who uses Facebook must of noticed these adverts for watches saying only 172 left or whatever and they look mint, this is the same thing. You can dress these stilts up and put a sticker on them and say they are the lightest in the world and can take the heaviest of people, they are just stilts. Fair play to you if you can knock them out and make a profit I have nothing against that,but don't try to pull the wool over experienced plasterers who have ACTUALLY been using stilts for years.

Thanks for the support if we can sell them and make a profit. But, how am I pulling the wool over your eyes? You almost insinuating I'm falsely advertising these products which I'm clearly not. I don't make the data sheets or spec sheets up.
I agree stilts are stilts, scrim is scrim, a trowel is a trowel - but, you can have better versions of each thing and that is a FACT

Im not saying you need to buy a pair or have to, if you don't want to then don't. Thats fair enough mate, I have no issues with it.

All I have done is introduced a new product to my line, advertised it, yes made initial mistakes with the price, but I have listened to you guys and changed that. No1 has used these Stilts over here or seen the quality yet are very quick to compare to something cheaper

Thanks for the support if we can sell them and make a profit. But, how am I pulling the wool over your eyes? You almost insinuating I'm falsely advertising these products which I'm clearly not. I don't make the data sheets or spec sheets up.
I agree stilts are stilts, scrim is scrim, a trowel is a trowel - but, you can have better versions of each thing and that is a FACT

Im not saying you need to buy a pair or have to, if you don't want to then don't. Thats fair enough mate, I have no issues with it.

All I have done is introduced a new product to my line, advertised it, yes made initial mistakes with the price, but I have listened to you guys and changed that. No1 has used these Stilts over here or seen the quality yet are very quick to compare to something cheaper

You say no body has used them over here but you can buy them online already so how to you no that? Is that a FACT?

You say no body has used them over here but you can buy them online already so how to you no that? Is that a FACT?

The owner of the company has advised me the ones I'm selling the Profi-Line haven't been sold to the UK yet. I am only taking his comments on this. I believe some of the older style ave been, he hasn't advertised into the UK previously

Its a bleeding pair of stilts, mt or not great design or not suitable or not affordable or not it is what it is, p!ss runs a business you can spend your pennies there or you can put it into someone else's pocket. Polish and Chinese copying stuff for decades and will continue to do so.
Personally I don't think that getting into an argument like this is good for business.

Its a bleeding pair of stilts, mt or not great design or not suitable or not affordable or not it is what it is, p!ss runs a business you can spend your pennies there or you can put it into someone else's pocket. Polish and Chinese copying stuff for decades and will continue to do so.
Personally I don't think that getting into an argument like this is good for business.

Agreed with you there @zolco

Apologies if people didn't think the price was right at the start, from the feedback given, I made the decision after speaking with the manufacturers to address this, I thank everyone for their feedback and support where given.

You are the one insinuating with your statement about me insinuating lol I couldn't care less about the stilts. Are they the lightest stilts in the world? Can they carry more weight than every other make of stilts? Are they made of a better quality material than every other stilts? You say yourself you have never used a pair but you are comparing them to the best so what's wrong with me comparing them to cheap ones? You didn't make a mistake with the price you just priced them to high in my opinion. Don't be so touchy when someone points something out about a product and I say again looking at the pic they are the same as the cheap ones or the cheap ones are the same. also the firm who you get them off sell MT ones as their premium ones so they know what's best. I'm not getting into an arguement about a pair of stilts it's my opinion which i am entitled to and it's an opinion based on experience with stilts not what I have been told. Xx

You are the one insinuating with your statement about me insinuating lol I couldn't care less about the stilts. Are they the lightest stilts in the world? Can they carry more weight than every other make of stilts? Are they made of a better quality material than every other stilts? You say yourself you have never used a pair but you are comparing them to the best so what's wrong with me comparing them to cheap ones? You didn't make a mistake with the price you just priced them to high in my opinion. Don't be so touchy when someone points something out about a product and I say again looking at the pic they are the same as the cheap ones or the cheap ones are the same. also the firm who you get them off sell MT ones as their premium ones so they know what's best. I'm not getting into an arguement about a pair of stilts it's my opinion which i am entitled to and it's an opinion based on experience with stilts not what I have been told. Xx

Your entitled to your opinion mate, Im not here to argue or fall out either. Just do my job and earn a honest living like you.

The firm don't sell the MT ones as the Premium line, they also offer these because of the brand name and popularity - a sensible decision.

Appreciate your feedback

@Kitchy

be very careful before buying the new style mts that look like a false limb etc....fantastic to look at and far better system to adjust height etc and proper solid quality...

HOWEVER!!! THERE FOOOOKIN TERRIBLE TO ACTUALY WALK IN!!!

Always used to use stilts standard mt etc my old apprentice bought the new style I genuinely couldn't walk at all in them hard to explain but realy heavy to walk in and felt unbalanced and back then I used to spend full days on stilts and lad used to mix and pull bottom of walls up

I think the above proves everything really - It is down to personal preference. What some like some wont and vice versa.

We are only offering a new range to go along with our range of products

I think the above proves everything really - It is down to personal preference. What some like some wont and vice versa.

We are only offering a new range to go along with our range of products
Fair play Ryan for re doing ur prices etc but I wudnt order many mate as there mayb in ur shop a while..im stil willing to try them for free and give sum reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.