Insta Stick on Artex ceiling overboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This scenario makes no sense, the cost of insta stick would be more than that of screws and the Labour involved in marking joists would be minimul :RpS_confused:

If a plumber turned up to do some work and the builder said "no dont solder the joints...here use some celotape!" Do you think said plumber would carry out the work?

Pick up your dummy pal, I think you've dropped it..... Cheeky tw4t.

The only fecking dummy/**** in this thread is you 'pal'! To come on a forum that is for plasterers and asking for peoples opinions on sticking boards onto an Artex ceiling is nothing short of taking the piss out of decent tradesmen and the trade as a whole.
Why Danny lets the forum act as a platform for such b*ll***s is beyond me. Less members and threads, but better quality ones would give this forum more credibility. Ok it wouldn't be as financially lucrative but..............

This scenario makes no sense, the cost of insta stick would be more than that of screws and the Labour involved in marking joists would be minimul :RpS_confused:

plus the extra cost of paying loads of labourers to hold the boards up till the sticky sticks...............:RpS_unsure:

Give it a go Bud, and let us know how you get, one way or another we will know weather to use it for tacking ceilings or not.

I believe BG lace the back of every 10th board with Acid, you know, like those little stamps you used to buy at raves.

Forget sticking or screwing boards up, just get a few bags of Unifinish and skim it :)
Failing that mix some flour and water together along with a squirt of ketchup and paint that over the grease.
I've also heard Velcro is good, if you don't like the boarding you just pull them back down and re-stick them. You can also have different finishes for when you get tired of a skimmed ceiling and fancy an artexed one instead or even woodchip ;)

The only fecking dummy/**** in this thread is you 'pal'! To come on a forum that is for plasterers and asking for peoples opinions on sticking boards onto an Artex ceiling is nothing short of taking the piss out of decent tradesmen and the trade as a whole.
Why Danny lets the forum act as a platform for such b*ll***s is beyond me. Less members and threads, but better quality ones would give this forum more credibility. Ok it wouldn't be as financially lucrative but..............

Wtf is your problem? The reason I posted this thread is exactly that, it's a F*****g stupid idea, an incase you haven't heard I didn't do it.

So go take your head for a sh1t, Throbber.

Essexandy is a proper spread like me & I can see where he is coming from because we wouldn't ask a question like this.

If the customer is that bothered about the pipes being hit with a screw the best solution is to rip the ceiling down, let him see it all exposed show him where the pipes are then reboard with fresh boards knowing that you won't hit any pipes as you & he now know where everyone of them is. But being a professional plaster you should know that the pipes will be either in the middle of the joists or neare to the upstairs floorboards so banging a load of screw in the ceiling into the old joists the chances of you hitting a pipe are minimal!
But I have seen had pipes & cables closer to lower end of joists after I have ripped ceilings down.
Up to you mate, you are the plasterer......I think :RpS_wink:

Wtf is your problem? The reason I posted this thread is exactly that, it's a F*****g stupid idea, an incase you haven't heard I didn't do it.

So go take your head for a sh1t, Throbber.

Yeh Andy you..................................Throbber........................................:RpS_laugh:
@essexandy

Last edited by a moderator:
My god, I've been had by the 'proper spreads'...... Lol.

I know how to set a ceiling, my point was the nob of a customer wouldn't let me use screws, he insisted I used insta stick so I didn't do it..... It's his house, I'm on a day rate. Of course I explained there wouldn't be a problem but some people won't be told. I know how pipes are set into floor voids, I've built 2 houses from the ground up.

And for those of you who say a 'proper spread wouldn't have asked the question', you can poke it..... New products are coming to the trade all the time, I'd never seen insta stick before and unlike you 'proper spreads' who know everything some of us aren't scared to share their experiences, however stupid they are!

Ah men!

I know how to set a ceiling, my point was the nob of a customer wouldn't let me use screws, he insisted I used insta stick so I didn't do it..... It's his house, I'm on a day rate. Of course I explained there wouldn't be a problem but some people won't be told. I know how pipes are set into floor voids, I've built 2 houses from the ground up.

And for those of you who say a 'proper spread wouldn't have asked the question', you can poke it..... New products are coming to the trade all the time, I'd never seen insta stick before and unlike you 'proper spreads' who know everything some of us aren't scared to share their experiences, however stupid they are!

Ah men!

Fcuking crying laughing here mate keep em coming :RpS_lol:

Ah men!

did you build them with insta stick..........................:RpS_unsure:

And can you build a house from the roof down.........................:glare:

Fcuking crying laughing here mate keep em coming :RpS_lol:

I wish I could see it......how do proper spreads cry? Does it create shock wave's.......? Do unibond add the tears from 'proper spreads' to make Super Strength PVA?????:flapper:

Essexandy is a proper spread like me & I can see where he is coming from because we wouldn't ask a question like this.

If the customer is that bothered about the pipes being hit with a screw the best solution is to rip the ceiling down, let him see it all exposed show him where the pipes are then reboard with fresh boards knowing that you won't hit any pipes as you & he now know where everyone of them is. But being a professional plaster you should know that the pipes will be either in the middle of the joists or neare to the upstairs floorboards so banging a load of screw in the ceiling into the old joists the chances of you hitting a pipe are minimal!
But I have seen had pipes & cables closer to lower end of joists after I have ripped ceilings down.
Up to you mate, you are the plasterer......I think :RpS_wink:

I have had a job where the knob head plumber notched the underside of joists to run his pipes in a new build what a mare that was.

Ah men!

you're right, hairy. it was a tongue in cheek first post questioning the sanity of the customer. you knew it was a bad idea and just wanted confirmation from the other forum members. instead they've ridiculed and lambasted you. if you'd posted that you'd done the job that way I could understand it, but .... :)

I have had a job where the knob head plumber notched the underside of joists to run his pipes in a new build what a mare that was.

I've had sparkies run their bloody wires along the bottom of ceiling joists.. As well as plumbers notching out as you've mentioned

Instastick??

Bizarre but then the customer is always right.... well they think so....

Some very strange threada recently... but way way way better than the "Plasterer and labourer need work" threads that were here last year...

I've had sparkies run their bloody wires along the bottom of ceiling joists.. As well as plumbers notching out as you've mentioned

The worst are sparks who fit spotlights.... they seem to run cables under joists... lazy bar stools

Status
Not open for further replies.