Insta stick any good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawyer

Just wondering what peoples views are on dabbing with inst stick I dot and dab a lot of conservatories and looks like it would be quick... But didn't think it would dry a hard as dry wall adhesive, for fixing skirting board to.. Has anyone ever dabbed with it...

Used it loads on shop fits, in-fact 2 shop fits of mine.
It is fast and accurate, however the walls need to be pretty straight.
Advantage is speed and the fact it can near set anything from timber to glass.

I wouldn't use it on a conservatory though, but others may way choose to.
Shop fit for speed is where it lays in my book at the moment.

Rock on !

As bb said the Walls need to be bang on you can't really adjust too much as with dri wall. Rave on!.... Lol

Used it loads on shop fits, in-fact 2 shop fits of mine.
It is fast and accurate, however the walls need to be pretty straight.
Advantage is speed and the fact it can near set anything from timber to glass.

I wouldn't use it on a conservatory though, but others may way choose to.
Shop fit for speed is where it lays in my book at the moment.

Rock on !
Why wouldnt you use it on a conny

Why wouldnt you use it on a conny

Sometimes (not always) the sparks will set there back boxes onto the wall ready to accept regular dry wall + addy.
So the thin bead wouldn't be appropriate and then there's the cost too. Pipework too unless its micro-bore.

Also you have far better play with dwa to get everything bob on, plus I always paper tape all my ceiling edges & internal angles using the dwa (its all mixed up as you go) before skimming.
Paper taping internals/ceiling edges is a thing I got used to doing from working on site with "Hyde & Edge", it tended to eliminate hair lines.

If the build was bob on then fine but I would go dry wall over it, just my preference.

Rock on!

Fair enough, i do the brick and blockwork myself so its always spot on and i make sure the sparks put the boxes where i want them.

Thanks for the information, think I will stick with what I know... Are the shop fits u do surface mounted electrics or the boxes been chopped far enough for the thin bead...

Hi Sawyer, can be either, but I do use a mixture of both DWA and Insta. Basically just what ever does the job the fastest correctly.
I also like to think that in a conservatory using DWA would give you that little extra cavity between block and board, it does increase the U's but very slightly.

Rock on !

Stick to dab and welcome Tom........(stick to dab.....proper funny or what marra)

Nice one FA,

but when you reach the dark side don't become a stranger it becomes very lonely out here:razz:
If you can get word out, let me know what its like, but don't endanger yourself if its against the code

Rock on!

Nice one FA,

but when you reach the dark side don't become a stranger it becomes very lonely out here:razz:
If you can get word out, let me know what its like, but don't endanger yourself if its against the code

Rock on!

bb just let him go

cry on

Clemo, I can't, its as if my world is falling apart, looking at your post count you're going next.......the despair

I am going to be left with the illiterate; have you seen the state of the postings lately?

Rock on!

bb am the biggest illiterate on this forum. :RpS_lol:

bb am the biggest illiterate on this forum. :RpS_lol:

you can spell "illiterate", fook some cant spell "wanted"(wonted) or "scrim"(skrim), not to mention "sale"(sail).

Hang on your just trying to get your post count up by toying with me ain't ya?:RpS_lol:

Rock on !

you can spell "illiterate", fook some cant spell "wanted"(wonted) or "scrim"(skrim), not to mention "sale"(sail).

Hang on your just trying to get your post count up by toying with me ain't ya?:RpS_lol:

Rock on !

no mate don't care about post count:RpS_sneaky:. oh and my wife spelt illiterate for me:RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.