In a tight spot

John j

Mono Don
Think I posted this before. When customers insist you skim stupid places
Screenshot_20210713-164847_Samsung Internet.jpg

Perfect walls are flat and matt and don't need sanding mate. But we all know that's not always possible to achieve.
Perfect walls are hazel laths covered in a mix of straw, twigs, horse sh1t and mud in between oak beams. Anything else is just a passing fad and unnecessary hassle IMHO.

Did they put horse poo in it?
Yes, IIRC something to do with it starting out as acidic and then turning neutral over time helps it set stronger/harder than just mud. Cow sh1te apparently goes the other way from neutral to acidic over time which is why it's not so good.

Yes, IIRC something to do with it starting out as acidic and then turning neutral over time helps it set stronger/harder than just mud. Cow sh1te apparently goes the other way from neutral to acidic over time which is why it's not so good.
Flipping flip flops your a font of knowledge
I had to Google IIRC :confused:

Perfect walls are flat and matt and don't need sanding mate. But we all know that's not always possible to achieve.
A top decorator will run a sanding pole over fresh plaster . Not many will I only seen it a few times . I actually thought is it so paint sticks better

Even a car sprayer who is aiming for a show-standard ultra-gloss finish will key the primer layer prior to spraying on the top coat.

But that’s a whole different sausage

It may be different, but the point is that if a wall is over-polished by a spread, then I personally have no objection, in principle, to a decorator giving it a rub-over with some P220 before painting it.

I suspect most of us have seen emulsion flaking off modern plaster in one house refurb or another, in circumstances where either the plaster was a bit over-polished and not keyed to compensate, or where it wasn't mist-coated properly.

Keying a surface before painting is legitimate for cars and it can be legitimate for decorating a plastered wall - whether a spread gets their nose out of joint about it is irrelevant. Would you take any notice of a builder who insisted his walls should have no further prep by a spread before they were plastered?

It may be different, but the point is that if a wall is over-polished by a spread, then I personally have no objection, in principle, to a decorator giving it a rub-over with some P220 before painting it.

I suspect most of us have seen emulsion flaking off modern plaster in one house refurb or another, in circumstances where either the plaster was a bit over-polished and not keyed to compensate, or where it wasn't mist-coated properly.

Keying a surface before painting is legitimate for cars and it can be legitimate for decorating a plastered wall - whether a spread gets their nose out of joint about it is irrelevant. Would you take any notice of a builder who insisted his walls should have no further prep by a spread before they were plastered?
I know a couple top brush hands, and they lightly pole sand between coats. Plus know a paint sprayer who sands before spray after spray then second spray rubs again then finish/final coat with roller and it’s feels the b*ll***s sooooo smooth

I know a couple top brush hands, and they lightly pole sand between coats. Plus know a paint sprayer who sands before spray after spray then second spray rubs again then finish/final coat with roller and it’s feels the b*ll***s sooooo smooth
You’re a f**k**g brush hand.