In a bit of a pickle

loky11

Right I need to know if you guys, subbing for builders, keep a time sheet, Ive had 5 flats to do for a joiner I do alot of work for also done it for him for 7 years, now I did 1 flat for him and was too busy to do the rest so I got my cousin to do them, he then got another spread to do a flat as he was busy with his own work, cousin has done 2 flats and invoiced the joiner directly (couldn't be arsed with it all going through me) now they want to know the days and times he was there or they won't pay him, he hasn't a f**k**g clue as he notes it all mentally, I've never had to give times and dates, neither has he, I'm stuck in the middle, joiners saying its rule 1 of business by writing down your times, hours and days, what the f**k**g hell do I do?

Right I need to know if you guys, subbing for builders, keep a time sheet, Ive had 5 flats to do for a joiner I do alot of work for also done it for him for 7 years, now I did 1 flat for him and was too busy to do the rest so I got my cousin to do them, he then got another spread to do a flat as he was busy with his own work, cousin has done 2 flats and invoiced the joiner directly (couldn't be arsed with it all going through me) now they want to know the days and times he was there or they won't pay him, he hasn't a f**k**g clue as he notes it all mentally, I've never had to give times and dates, neither has he, I'm stuck in the middle, joiners saying its rule 1 of business by writing down your times, hours and days, what the f**k**g hell do I do?
Suppose your only option is to make it up and hope he doesn’t question it? Learn from this that he is a dry lunch and ask him to supply a clocking in machine on his jobs in the future! Lol

Suppose your only option is to make it up and hope he doesn’t question it? Learn from this that he is a dry lunch and ask him to supply a clocking in machine on his jobs in the future! Lol
Well I've sat with him for 4 hours last night going through messages and photos, trying to work out what days he was there and roughly the hours we've managed to get most of it a slight part of it will be wrong we know, however I don't know if anyone else on site has been time keeping etc and it's a bit of a test, joiner fully trusts me and never questions my invoice. You think your trying to do good for everyone and this happens, said joiner said hel always use me and if I can't do the job it's for me to sort out, which I have done.

It may be his rule no 1 lol
Sort nicely as cockney says the tell to FO once paid

I just write it on the wall
received_786420838842149.jpeg

Is your cousin or you charging by the hour, day or m2,.
If you did the first one, how much did you invoice for ? Your cousin's price should be round about 2x your price for 1.
Now if your cousin was quicker than you the builder is probably trying to save money by saying he should not pay him as much because he wasn't there as long as you.

Whatever it is, you, need to put your big lad pants on and make a decision on what's more important keep the joiner happy or your cousin and whatever decision you make sleep soundly and carry on regardless.

And always remember of course advice is free for a reason :ROFLMAO:

Well I've sat with him for 4 hours last night going through messages and photos, trying to work out what days he was there and roughly the hours we've managed to get most of it a slight part of it will be wrong we know, however I don't know if anyone else on site has been time keeping etc and it's a bit of a test, joiner fully trusts me and never questions my invoice. You think your trying to do good for everyone and this happens, said joiner said hel always use me and if I can't do the job it's for me to sort out, which I have done.
Send him a bill for those 4 hours lastnight also

Rock and a hard place mate. I do believe your cousin is going to learn a decent lesson by all this.

Just look @ bigger picture & the work you get out can easily claw back so I say be sound with him
Not like scaffolder I used did it wrong as I could not meet , him blames me for not explaining correctly
Want another ton to put right
Little does he realise it he has just cost himself thousands

Your welcome

Is your cousin or you charging by the hour, day or m2,.
If you did the first one, how much did you invoice for ? Your cousin's price should be round about 2x your price for 1.
Now if your cousin was quicker than you the builder is probably trying to save money by saying he should not pay him as much because he wasn't there as long as you.

Whatever it is, you, need to put your big lad pants on and make a decision on what's more important keep the joiner happy or your cousin and whatever decision you make sleep soundly and carry on regardless.

And always remember of course advice is free for a reason :ROFLMAO:
Haha, it's day rate, u havnt invoiced yet because I may well end up there finishing bits off, there's still top flat and hallways to skim yet, so he invoices for 20 days, but joiner is saying that he turned up and went at different times so he doesn't believe him, never said them exact words but I know that's what it is, it took another spread 9 days to skim a flat.

Haha, it's day rate, u havnt invoiced yet because I may well end up there finishing bits off, there's still top flat and hallways to skim yet, so he invoices for 20 days, but joiner is saying that he turned up and went at different times so he doesn't believe him, never said them exact words but I know that's what it is, it took another spread 9 days to skim a flat.
I.ve never met that joiner and allready dont like him. f**k**g hate c**ts like that

I.ve never met that joiner and allready dont like him. f**k**g hate c**ts like that
This joiner has a name for himself in my town mainly for being a utter cu*t, the blokes a millionaire, and not hard earnt, gone bust 8 times, owes sparkys, plumbers and joiners, tax man and builders merchants, I'd say we'll over 200k you mention his name to other trades and they screw their nose up at his name haha but hes always paid me.

This joiner has a name for himself in my town mainly for being a utter cu*t, the blokes a millionaire, and not hard earnt, gone bust 8 times, owes sparkys, plumbers and joiners, tax man and builders merchants, I'd say we'll over 200k you mention his name to other trades and they screw their nose up at his name haha but hes always paid me.
Maybe he wants to bum you ;)

Mate this is simple stuff? Find out what the invoice total is then make up the time sheet to match?

Aye, we thought that, then thought we'll what if gadgey running the job is time keeping.
[/QUOTE]

Well simple bud you just say that you have worked out the total hours based on the invoice...doesn't matter the exact times as long as the hours are correct if he disputes it then you go back to your man and say look you have invoiced for hours not worked according to matey and adjust the invoice if required?

Spent f**k**g 4 hours with him, going through photos and messages working out what days he was on the job, think we've got it but will see if he accepts and pays the new invoice.